What's new

What if Utah has a better record than Boston next year?!

Thing is, Hayward did most of his damage operating out of the pick and roll as a triple-threat player. If Boston doesn't run similar stuff, Hayward's production will likely drop a bit. Not as bad as DWill, but possibly a similar concept. Running hand-offs and asking Hayward to attack his defender from 20-25 feet away, or whatever the C's were doing in the playoffs, isn't going to make Hayward efficient.

They'll need to make some system changes to accommodate Hayward.

If Utah had a better record than Boston, T=that would be amazing!!!

Utah's culture and system also has a way to make players better than they are in other systems. Remember Shandon Anderson, Ronnie Brewer, Bryon Russell, etc. Even Trey Burke has flashes and great games in a Jazz uni, but was barely a 3rd stringer on all other teams.

If Utah adds crowder, I think this is possible. Not likely, but possible. Both he and Rudy would have major chips on their shoulders.

Gobert - in the running for DPOY
Exum - in the running for MIP
Mitchell - in the running for ROY
Snyder - in the running for COY

Snyder would definitely have the narrative to get him plenty of votes, even if we only just make the playoffs.

If Gobert takes a full step forward next year the league better watch out.

I couldn't give a rats *** less what Boston does! I'm anxious to see how good Quin really is, and what a more balanced attack will look like. I pray there are fewer last second drives into a triple team that we've seen Haywood do so many times only to throw it away.

If Utah adds crowder, I think this is possible. Not likely, but possible. Both he and Rudy would have major chips on their shoulders.
Agreed. Crowder would be a good get. I think I was hoping that the jazz trade haywood for crowder and a pick last summer.

This could easily happen. So much of Boston's success rests on Isaiah Thomas. It's basically him and a bunch of role players (and now Heywood). If Thomas' hip messes him up, or he isn't stellar pretty much all year, then Boston probably won't look that great.

Utah, meanwhile, could very well slip without Gordan's scoring impact. On the other hand, their success rests more on Gobert and Favors' health, and the potential emergence of key young guys like Hood, Exum, and Mitchell.

I think if the Jazz get Crowder they will have a just as talented but deeper team than the Celtics. Therefore possibly resulting in a better record. I don't understand the cap, but I'm not sure what the Celtics were thinking with Hayward. They are having to give away so much to sign him. Hayward isn't a LBJ or Durant type player that's going to push them over the top. One injury could devastate the Celtics. If for any reason they did make the finals the Warriors would destroy them with depth along. Just doesn't make business since to me.

I think if the Jazz get Crowder they will have a just as talented but deeper team than the Celtics. Therefore possibly resulting in a better record. I don't understand the cap, but I'm not sure what the Celtics were thinking with Hayward. They are having to give away so much to sign him. Hayward isn't a LBJ or Durant type player that's going to push them over the top. One injury could devastate the Celtics. If for any reason they did make the finals the Warriors would destroy them with depth along. Just doesn't make business since to me.

One injury could devastate the Celtics.

Yep. And if Thomas doesn't stay healthy, Heywad is right back to having to shoulder the scoring load.

horford is a disaster rebounding.

if haywood thought the jazz couldnt rebound wellll

then hes in for a suroprise