What's new

What If We Still Had Joe Jesus?

But he still is crafty. I see that the Cavs are signing Kendrick Perkins for the playoffs. A vet that knows all the tricks.
What Joe brought this year was detrimental to the way the team plays best. Crafty or not he was not a good player for the Jazz this season. Kendrick Perkins is a desperation move for the Cavs. And Perkins has never known all the tricks he rode 3-4 great players that made him look far better than he ever was.

A better question is “What if Rodney Hood were healthy and consistent?”

Joe Jesus was amazing his one full year in Utah, but Hayward leaving changed the dynamic of the team.

Turns out, that they're better off without him and Rodney. Crowder has been less than perfect, but he’s essentially provided for both of their roles - scoring off the bench and a stretch 4 that can knock down threes.

there was an article out on the Ringer today that said Hood and Johnson were upset with the limited amounts of touches that they were getting-- and kinda forced themselves out. Take it with a grain of salt, but apparently morale improved after both of em left

there was an article out on the Ringer today that said Hood and Johnson were upset with the limited amounts of touches that they were getting-- and kinda forced themselves out. Take it with a grain of salt, but apparently morale improved after both of em left
How could Rodney be upset ... especially with his 0-11 nights. He sucked on defense, besides. So did Joe Jesus, this year. He was a sieve.

The question comes around as to what would we look life if we still had Joe Johnson? I would bet he could be counted on for some solid play in the playoffs and even a win or two. What say you?

His D might cost us a game or 2.

I thought Joe Jesus would shoot better in Houston but that wasn't the case.
I just wish he had gone to another team. It would make rooting for him a lot easier.

It's pretty obvious that Rodney and Joe weren't happy with their roles -- but I give them credit for keeping their angst in house so that the Jazz were able to get real value back out of them. I know there were some reports saying that Joe wanted to go to a contender via buyout, but he had earned that right. You never read anything about Rodney demanding a trade.

It's pretty obvious that Rodney and Joe weren't happy with their roles -- but I give them credit for keeping their angst in house so that the Jazz were able to get real value back out of them. I know there were some reports saying that Joe wanted to go to a contender via buyout, but he had earned that right. You never read anything about Rodney demanding a trade.

Both of them seemed to handle it well publicly, as did the organization. Though turmoil may have gone on behind the scenes.

I wonder if hood is getting more shots/touches on his new team than he was with the jazz.

Probably getting more easy touches with LeBron running the show.
Just comparing this seasons stats with both Utah and Cle.

He's shooting 4.7 times less per game with Cle.
He making 1.8 less shots per game with Cle.
He's playing 2.5 less MPG with Cle.
He's shooting a better % over all, but a lower % on both 3's and FT's
He's not turning the ball over for Cle, probably because he only touches the ball to shoot and is not allowed to try and create a shot.
Best stat of all he's scoring 6 PPG less for Cle than Utah.

So if he's getting more easy shots playing with Lebron it's at a far lower rate and is not helping his 3pt%. I think his over all % is only higher because a greater % of his shots are inside.

Just comparing this seasons stats with both Utah and Cle.

He's shooting 4.7 times less per game with Cle.
He making 1.8 less shots per game with Cle.
He's playing 2.5 less MPG with Cle.
He's shooting a better % over all, but a lower % on both 3's and FT's
He's not turning the ball over for Cle, probably because he only touches the ball to shoot and is not allowed to try and create a shot.
Best stat of all he's scoring 6 PPG less for Cle than Utah.

So if he's getting more easy shots playing with Lebron it's at a far lower rate and is not helping his 3pt%. I think his over all % is only higher because a greater % of his shots are inside.
Interesting -- well, if he's getting touches inside then you know it's probably because of LeBron, but apparently not getting as many chances to shoot 3's or even easy 3's.

Interesting -- well, if he's getting touches inside then you know it's probably because of LeBron, but apparently not getting as many chances to shoot 3's or even easy 3's.
It's hilarious that he was complaining about touches and shots for Utah and he loses 33% of his attempts for another team.

Not exactly. They both thought they should be the top option, weren't getting along with each other and their attitudes weren't helping morale.

It's the reason DL sent them off, and not wanting to re-sign them.

But I skimmed the article really quickly, so very possible I'm wrong.

Who care anyways. Hood blows and Jae is a HUGE upgrade just on the defensive end alone