What's new

What is more likely?

Which one is more likely to happen?

• Total voters
I think "a lot" in the Evans' option should be quantified, though. In the end I didn't pick it, because "a lot" to me implies maybe 5 or more. I think there's a good chance that he makes it to 2 or 3, though.

Love the poll choices. I am torn between several of them. Good thing you made it so we can vote for more than one!

Why thank you very much Mr. Colt.

I think "a lot" in the Evans' option should be quantified, though. In the end I didn't pick it, because "a lot" to me implies maybe 5 or more. I think there's a good chance that he makes it to 2 or 3, though.

Consider "a lot" as appearing so much that the commentator starts to use the phrases "no surprise" or "once again" for the number 1 act after a while.

Not really. There's many other things that Hayward (along with all of our young players) can be criticized about. I just think that saying George is better because of rebounding is rather foolish-- even if you're trying to provoke a response

Yes really. One of the poll options is if Hayward will get a triple double.

Yes really. One of the poll options is if Hayward will get a triple double.

Not really. I said not really, because I didn't agree with the statement of your post. I dont see how my post sandwiches me with your characterization of the masses. I'm not arguing with your characterization, per se.

Good point. Sometimes I find 'a lot' to be anything more than zero, while other times 50 would not be considered a lot... just depends on what one is measuring.

^DON'T infract me Colton... I DID NOT imply we're measuring anything obscene and/or nasty.

Sorry Dala, I blame this misconfusion on Ty Corbin. If he let rookies post more than the veterans wouldn't be so confused and boring to read.

14333415-0.jpg

Is triple double for Hayward more realistic then 5X5? With our dominant rebounders it is going to be difficult for him to get double rebound game alone and at the same time with double assist game seems more unlikely ( his career high is 8 ast). While 5x5 in certain situation like double overtime game and appropriate run and gun opponent seems certainly possible.
Anyway I voted for Gobert.

Reactions: ema
I initially was going to choose Hayward triple double...but I then I remembered that he's a piss-poor rebounder for his size (he only reached double figure rebounds (10) ONCE in his entire career). I think Kanter scoring 40 is more likely.

Burks will breakout. Why? Because "breakout" is a fuzzy term that is hard to quantify, given us who voted for it some room to argue our case.

I don't like the Evans, Gobert, or Clark options. Not considering them. Here's how I'd order the other options in order of most likely:

1. Burks breaks out (defining this as Burks proves to be a starting caliber SG)
2. Burke wins ROY
3. Favors gets 10 blocks
4. Kanter scores 40
5. Hayward gets a triple double

I initially was going to choose Hayward triple double...but I then I remembered that he's a piss-poor rebounder for his size (he only reached double figure rebounds (10) ONCE in his entire career). I think Kanter scoring 40 is more likely.

I believe the Jazz system doesn't allow it's SGs to be put in a rebounding position very often. On the offensive side, the SG spaces the floor by standing on the 3 pt line. On defense, he needs to prevent transition points so he stays back.
I don't think Hayward is as bad a rebounder as the stat shows. If he had more rebounds, he wouldn't have as many transition blocks.

Hayward is far more likely to record a single TD than Burke winning ROY.

What's more likely,

A. The Jazz lose a ton of games in the last minute showing inexperience but are able to stay close throughout.

B. The Jazz get run out of the gym nightly.

C. The Jazz find a way to win those close games and have a surprise season.

D. It's going to be a nightly surprise of: Inconsistently, amazing play, surprise performances, looking like a bunch of D-Leaguers, All-Star team here we come!!!!!

D

How many times has Hayward had double digit assists? Someone already pointed out he's only had double digit rebounds once in his entire career.

So not having had double digits before precludes the possibility of ever getting double digits? Then how does anyone ever get double digits in anything? Because basically you are saying it will never happen. I think that is a weak assertion.

Also, I was talking about the likelihood. I do not think Burke will win ROY. And I think with the changes in the lineup Hayward has a shot at a triple double. Frankly, I don't think either are that likely to happen, but imo it is more likely that Hayward will get a TD than Burke win ROY.