What's new

What is the worst call you made concerning the Utah Jazz?

Don't feel bad. 26 professional teams and GMs didn't see it either.

If the other teams behind us would have seen it, they would have traded the Hell up. We purchased the pick for a second rounder. So every other team missed, and we deserved to miss by waiting until 27.

I thought Chris Morris was the missing link, He wasn't bad, and played decent D, But I thought this dude was going to elevate us to the Championship.

I have a lot of bad calls through the years, but the one that sticks with me is how excited I was when the Jazz drafted Luther Wright, a real center, in 1993 and how he would help put them over the top. The excitement lasted until the first RMR game and I realized he was a worthless piece of ****. Then came the rest stop in Tooele and the drumming in Houston.

Turning off the TV with like 20 seconds left in the Sundiata Gaines vs Lebron game.

Forgot about that one - guilty. Although if memory serves it was about 1:30 in the morning on the east coast when the game ended and l had to be at work at 7am. When l logged on to ESPN in my office l let out a very very loud "WHAT???" Scared the hell out of one of my Co-workers who thought l was reacting to something work related.

I thought John Drew, Freeman Williams and cash was a friggin HAUL for Dominique.

Last edited:
I thought Steve Trumbo would be a serviceable back up four. And I thought Jim Les would be more.

But, most importantly, I thought Sirkicky's GF would marry him.

I was livid that we passed up Maurice Ager in the 2006 draft. Like I didn't even want to be a Jazz fan after that.

I thought Eric Leckner would take us to the promised land.
Figured he and Rusty LaRue were the second coming of Stockton to Malone.
Boy do I feel sheepish now.