What's new

What MLM scam is going to be the first ad to disgrace the Jazz uniform?

Magic Spray

ESPN: NBA Jerseys Carry Advertisements Beginning 2017-18

Usana?
To get into the company’s commission program, a Usana associate must front an initial fee of $20 to $50 for a business starter kit, buy roughly $150 in products and then order about $120 of goods each month, either for sale or personal use....
The company offers a diverse trove of nutrition and personal care products spanning from natural toothpaste to hair-care goods. Its best-selling product, however, is a 28-day pack of Essentials, a set of multivitamins and mineral supplements that wholesale for $39.95, or $1.43 a day. The product costs significantly more than standard retail varieties of vitamins, such as Centrum, whose multivitamins cost approximately $7.00 for a 50-pill bottle, or 14 cents a day. Usana says its premium is justified because its products offer “high-quality, certified nutritional supplements that are in a class by themselves.”

doTerra?
In August 2014, the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reviewed websites and social media accounts for doTERRA ("Respondent") and their consultants/distributors. The FDA found that several of their products are promoted for conditions that cause them to be drugs as they are intended for us in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of a disease....Some of the claims allege using various products will help aid curing the Ebola virus, influenza, help prevent cancer and heart disease, neurological issues, weight loss, heal the body from cancer, help symptoms of Crohn's and arthritis, and have general anti-cancer properties among other claims.

Nu Skin?
Distributors actually make up much of Nu Skin’s customer base. To qualify for multilevel commissions, they must purchase or sell at least $100 of its merchandise every month; they and their recruits must collectively generate at least $2,000 in monthly sales. A handful have made fabulous sums: 34 distributors have made $20 million or more in lifetime commissions, the company says. But far more lose money after their personal purchases, or make piddling amounts. Just 12.7% of active U.S. distributors received any commission check in 2011, according to company disclosures; those who did averaged $931 a month.

Literally I cannot wait until the NBA looks like this:
7dd1e5a9-6d1e-44ba-805c-0858188b732f.jpg
luis-scola-argentina.jpg

This happened on Adam Silver's watch.

Yarael-Poof1.jpg

If you really have a huge problem with ads on jerseys just boycott the NBA. At the very least try to organize a boycott on jersey sales.

I'm shocked they did this...it pisses me off. I read that the owners expect to get 6-8 million a year, I know that's a decent amount of money but it doesnt seem like an overwhelming amount. You know, since they are already making an overwhelming amount of money and its only gonna get more with the new television contract.
Not gonna buy a jersey for a long time

Vivent of course. Not sure if Vivent is really MLM, but I've heard that they use(or used to use) return missionaries to knock on doors and sell their religion... Oh, I mean security systems.

Better be something good. We aren't going to be retaining anybody worth a damn by putting Nu Skin on the jerseys.

I could really care less if they put ads on the jerseys. I'll just ignore the ads and watch the basketball game instead :p

They can only sell up to a 3 year contract. Silver emphasized that this was an experiment. So if you hate it, let your voice be heard and they might not continue it.

Here's my favourite English Premier League team, Arsenal, they have managed to make the jersey look quite good despite having a sponsor in the uniform.

Arsenal-v-Newcastle.jpg

They should just let Nike. Or whoever makes the jersey put a big logo on it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What business would the Jazz want to sponsor on their jerseys?? Hmmmmm,,, If the Miller family owns the Jazz and also a gigantic group of dealerships in several states...... hmmmmm............. maybe...... Larry H Miller dealerships???????????

What business would the Jazz want to sponsor on their jerseys?? Hmmmmm,,, If the Miller family owns the Jazz and also a gigantic group of dealerships in several states...... hmmmmm............. maybe...... Larry H Miller dealerships???????????

Yep. If this were a deal in the NFL, I'm betting the Lions would use Ford.

I'm shocked they did this...it pisses me off. I read that the owners expect to get 6-8 million a year, I know that's a decent amount of money but it doesnt seem like an overwhelming amount. You know, since they are already making an overwhelming amount of money and its only gonna get more with the new television contract.
Not gonna buy a jersey for a long time

More than enough is never enough. More, more, more!

I anticipate the day when they take this to the max, and start naming players and positions for products. For example:

Intros: "Starting tonight at Bud Lite point guard is Dante Exum. At Chik-Fil-A shooting guard is Alec Burks."

Game call: "Bud Lite tatoos the dribble out front. Passes into the middle to McFlurry, back out to Chik-Fil-A for the Zions Bank 3! Yes! Fans, do you know that if you open a new account today at....."

Personally I will not buy another jersey once ads go on them.