What's new

What Price Should the Jazz Extend THT?

I still really like tht and love to watch him play and think he should be the starter because he’s an interesting player but all the threads with contradictions and cherry picked stats are getting getting old like obviously he’s improving on his 3 point shot but he’s not amazing and there’s really no need for this thread or putting down sexton to make tht look better because he’s a really fun player to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I havent cherry picked anything. He's a 22 year old who just played his first half-season at a new position and I used the relevant stats of that experience.

When we traded for THT I told yall he would become a key player for the Jazz and he did.

I told yall all off-season THT would be the starter and it happened.

Maybe listen to me cuz I can tell the future on THT.

When we traded for him I told you he was a lock to opt in and he did.

THT is significantly worse in my opinion. If he ends up starting and crushes it I’ll gladly be wrong. I am a Jazz fan first and fans of players second.

I don't even want to get into the debate between the two, been enough of that. But viewing this from the FO/team perspective...one guy is considered a considered a "good" contract at 4/$72 so how can the guy who is beat him out be such a bad deal at 4/$60? You can agree/disagree with Hardy's evaluation of the two, but it's safe to say they're extremely close in the pecking order. Contracts have more considerations than this, Sexton has a longer track record for example, but I don't think that changes the fact that he is a very reasonable reference point. But at the end of the day if the Jazz believe in THT to the extent that they believe in Sexton I don't see why they wouldn't be open to that type of contract.

I don't even want to get into the debate between the two, been enough of that. But viewing this from the FO/team perspective...one guy is considered a considered a "good" contract at 4/$72 so how can the guy who is beat him out be such a bad deal at 4/$60? You can agree/disagree with Hardy's evaluation of the two, but it's safe to say they're extremely close in the pecking order. Contracts have more considerations than this, Sexton has a longer track record for example, but I don't think that changes the fact that he is a very reasonable reference point. But at the end of the day if the Jazz believe in THT to the extent that they believe in Sexton I don't see why they wouldn't be open to that type of contract.

That’s fair but his production on the floor needs to back up Hardy’s evaluation if he is the starter.

Sexton got his contract because the trade had to work.

That’s not true because other players could have been added in his place.

You really think we’d sign a guy to a 4/72M deal who we didn’t think warranted it to just make a trade work?

Sure, and maybe the Jazz FO doesn't love that contract, but I the point still stands. If you are ok with Sexton at 4/$72, you would have to think THT is soooo much worse if you think 4/$60 for him is egregious. THT being the starter doesn't really speak Sexton >>>>> THT to me.

Hardly any teams had cap-space man. He was in line to get a starting job at PG and expand his value. Keep crying about THT cuz he beat the pony you tied your money to.
THT got handed the starting job when we needed an effective tank commander to drive the team into the ditch, quicly.

These are the facts of the case and they are undisputed.

Hardly any teams had cap-space man. He was in line to get a starting job at PG and expand his value. Keep crying about THT cuz he beat the pony you tied your money to.

It’s really rich for you to be saying this when your a** goes silent in the game thread when Sexton is cooking.