What's new

What salary would you give to Joe Ingles for the next season?

What salary would you give to Joe Ingles for the next season?

• 19M or more

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • 16-18M

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 13-15M

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • 10-12M

Votes: 19 45.2%
  • 7-9M

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • 4-6M

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 3M or less

• There's no need to keep Joe Ingles

• Total voters

Piso

Contract 2017-18
Gobert.......21,224,719
Favors.......12,000,000
Burks........10,595,506
Johnson......10,505,000
Diaw..........7,500,000..Unguaranteed
Exum..........4,992,384
Lyles.........2,441,400
Hood..........2,386,864
Neto..........1,014,746
Bolomboy..905,249
Total :......73,565,868

Free agency :
Hayward, Hill, Ingles, Mack, Withey

Possible Strategy (salary cap 101M - luxury tax 121M)
Waive Diaw, trade Burks for nothing (+eventually draft pick) : 73.5-18= 55.5M
Sign Hayward + Ingles : 35-40M
Sign 5 players (10M for salary cap - 30M for luxury cap) : Hill ? Mack ? Withey ?

Ingles will not settle down less than 10 which is already too much. I would let him walk and trade Burks for a better SG, a penetrator. Is there any poor mans Derozan in this league?

Ingles will not settle down less than 10 which is already too much. I would let him walk and trade Burks for a better SG, a penetrator. Is there any poor mans Derozan in this league?
Jonathon Simmons should be the target. I'm telling you guys, he can guard 4 positions attacks the basket and plays with heart. He is the new Tony Allen. He will develop so well as a premiere 6th man.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

As for Ingles, I think we should try to keep him but we cant over pay. Sending signs of keeping Ingles will help in keeping Hayward.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

No, it is not. Ingles was fantastic this season and in the first round. He is not a starter but absolutely worth 10 mill for his fight, 3 point shooting, passing, hustle and head games. Jazz should re-sign him and quick.

The way Ingles talked was different from Hill or even Hayward. It sounds like he REALLY wants to stay. I heard on the radio say something like "I want to be here, I am not going max myself out or anything like that. " I think he is willing to get paid less because he thinks the situation is good.

We will see if he was just being nice or if he will stick around.

The way Ingles talked was different from Hill or even Hayward. It sounds like he REALLY wants to stay. I heard on the radio say something like "I want to be here, I am not going max myself out or anything like that. " I think he is willing to get paid less because he thinks the situation is good.

We will see if he was just being nice or if he will stick around.

He's a smart dude he's better off staying in Utah and playing for a coach that believes in him, he'll have a longer better NBA career that way anyway.

If you view Ingles as a guy who can play at least 28 mpg his value should reflect average starter money. I think average starters under the new cap will be around 15 million.

If you view Ingles as a guy who can play at least 28 mpg his value should reflect average starter money. I think average starters under the new cap will be around 15 million.

You say 15M to Ingles, 25M to Hill and probably 30-35M to Hayward...
With the existing contracts (Gobert 20M, Favors 12M, Burks and Johnson 10M...), you reach quickly the luxury tax.

Last edited:
15M to Ingles, 25M to Hill, probably 30-35M to Hayward...
With the existing contracts (Gobert 20M, Favors 12M, Burks and Johnson 10M...), you reach quickly the luxury tax.

Burks needs to be jettisoned immediately.

15M to Ingles, 25M to Hill, probably 30-35M to Hayward...

The same damn team? A second round bust? HELL NO! This summer is Westbrook or bust.

No, it is not. Ingles was fantastic this season and in the first round. He is not a starter but absolutely worth 10 mill for his fight, 3 point shooting, passing, hustle and head games. Jazz should re-sign him and quick.

Yes we should re-sign quick if he agrees around 6-7 m.

He seems like an MLE player to me. Anyone know what the MLE will be this year? Like $7 million or something?

He seems like an MLE player to me. Anyone know what the MLE will be this year? Like $7 million or something?

$8.406.

I wonder exactly how it is calculated. It's an average of all salaries so it must be based on previous year?

*Edit* apparently this is an unclear figure. CBAFAQ, the most reputable CBA source, has it at roughly $5.8. The NBA's official FAQ PDF has no info on how it is calculated: https://www.nba.com/media/CBA101.pdf Wiki has a page that claims it was set a while back with annual raises of 3% that it made out to not be linked to BRI (Basketball Related Income). The source of that, again, was Larry Coon of CBAFAQ notoriety.

Last edited: