What's new

What should Jazz do now?

With Memo gone and some cap space available what should be next roster move?

Listen to offers of course. Stand pat and let the season start, if something comes along that you cannot pass up then pull the trigger. Let the young guys jell and get good floor time. Draft 1-2 good lottery guys and win the championship in 2012

1. See if someone has a TPE or a second-round pick for Bell
2. Acquire backcourt help with TPE

Trade Bell to a team lacking depth for just about anything. Sign Pietrus to a one year deal so long as he's willing to come off the bench and possibly have some DNP's. Dude can chuck but if he's coming off the bench and understands that's his role, I'm fine with it. His defense alone and work ethic on that end could be worth it for our young uns. Or just trade Bell and go with Hayward/Burks/Miles/Howard/Evans/Millsap at the 2/3. In fact, the latter's probably a better idea.

If we resign AK, I can just hear the whining and the moaning on this forum. Please for the love of all that is holy, DON'T SIGN AK!

I think this what a cost cutting move (why pay 10 million for something that isn't really going to help that much). If something comes along I think KOC will pull the trigger, but I don't think he is hot on anyone's trail. Maybe Igoudala? The Sixers don't really want him anymore, right?

We need somebody that can defend 1s and 2s and hit three-point shots. Today.

I think signing somebody with it (this year) would be a stupid move. Sit on it, then options really start popping up. Teams that are overpaying for bad teams might want to unload something the Jazz might want at the deadline. Also, in the rush to maybe sign Howard or D-Will, there might be some players available.

Or you just save a bunch of money and get a draft pick in four years.

We need somebody that can defend 1s and 2s and hit three-point shots. Today.
Sounds like Kirk Hinrich.

I like him, and Atlanta is at or maybe slightly above the tax and have a promising PG as well. Only one year on the deal, then the Jazz have his Bird Rights.

Sounds like Kirk Hinrich.

I like him, and Atlanta is at or maybe slightly above the tax and have a promising PG as well. Only one year on the deal, then the Jazz have his Bird Rights.

get it done.

What else can we give them? What else can we take from them that they don't want?

get it done.

What else can we give them? What else can we take from them that they don't want?
Marvin Williams? But I don't care for him. And they're pretty thin as it is. The one player I think they could afford to get rid of is Hinrich. But that is also dependent on what Teague shows this year. There's also the possibility you send Harris for Hinrich as well.

I think the Jazz have a 2015 2nd-rounder they could part with that they got from New Jersey at some point.

Whatever we do, I think it'd be very wise to get some 2012 high draft picks. There's some very nice players in next year's draft. I was saying in another thread that the Jazz would most likely have to take back a bad contract to get one or two of those.

Otherwise, if there's a nice young player that another team doesn't have room for (logjam like we had in bigs) then that'd be nice as well.