What's new

What should we do in the off season?

It's too bad the FA we want to go after are all restricted...
Green
Butler
Middleton
Leonard

especially now that the cap will increase I could see teams matching what ever these guys get offered... bummer.

No way to sugar coat it so I'm just going to say it. There are a lot of dumb people here!

1. Schr is too expensive and not that good. Don't see him as a franchise pg. we need a vet that doesn't have delusions of being a starter. A guy that knows his role and plays that role well. A Howard Eisley type.

2. People are over thinking our need on the wing. We are pretty set. That 2 guard that can shoot that people are clamoring for... That's Hood! Then there is our slashing get to the ft guard in Burks. Our do it all closer in Hayward. Our off the bench distributor high iq guy in in Ingles and our high energy defender slasher off the bench. We are looking like one of the best teams with these wings minus Burks. Why mess with chemistry. U have the high volume guys in Hayward Burks and Hood, then the guys that do the little things on offense and defense that help win games they all fill a role and don't step on toes or go outside their roles. (signs of a complete team) this may not be the sexy play, but why fix something not broken.

3. Backup big. If Tomic is as good as all of the talk on here, then we need not look any further.

Basically we aren't winning a chip next year. This team is playing great right now. Let's see what this team can do for a full year being healthy with a another year of progression under their belts. I'm curious as to how these players play next year and improvements they make. This is turning into a well oiled machine as a team. If it doesn't work out next year then make some bigger changes.

If Atlanta is getting a top-10 player, they might be willing to let Carroll leave, especially if they're going to have to pay Millsap big money. WE aren't getting Schroeder; that's just Lucy, I mean Ellis, daydreaming.

Sign Carroll, offer any number of picks to move up (but probably won't be able to) and try to get Tomic to come over (still think he's just using the threat to get a bigger contract). I don't see any real good PG's on the market. Is Lin a real upgrade over Trey? Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with the chucker for another season. But that's ok. If we can play like we're doing now, with some more internal improvement from Gobert, Exum, Hood, etc (and Burks coming back), I see no reason not to expect 50-55 wins. And then some FA's might actually WANT to be a part of the team instead of having to get beaten up by us 2-4 times per season.

If Atlanta is getting a top-10 player, they might be willing to let Carroll leave, especially if they're going to have to pay Millsap big money. WE aren't getting Schroeder; that's just Lucy, I mean Ellis, daydreaming.

Sign Carroll, offer any number of picks to move up (but probably won't be able to) and try to get Tomic to come over (still think he's just using the threat to get a bigger contract). I don't see any real good PG's on the market. Is Lin a real upgrade over Trey? Unfortunately, I think we're stuck with the chucker for another season. But that's ok. If we can play like we're doing now, with some more internal improvement from Gobert, Exum, Hood, etc (and Burks coming back), I see no reason not to expect 50-55 wins. And then some FA's might actually WANT to be a part of the team instead of having to get beaten up by us 2-4 times per season.

I'd like to add Carroll too, but he's getting 30 minutes a night on an eastern conference contender. I don't know that we have 30 minutes a night and I don't know if we are playoff team next year... I hope we are. I'm not real optimistic we can get him. I love what hood is doing right now... If he stays healthy we have our starting five. Add in Burks and we've got our six with 4 on the wing. The biggest needs IMO are 3rd/4th big and backup PG. I'd like to get Darren collison, Cory Joseph, or even Jose Calderon (the Knicks would have to give us something to take that contract) to help backup Exum. If we get tomic it would be great to find a true stretch 4... If not Booker is fine.

It will be an interesting offseason and we have some amazing potential. No team should win that plays the garbage we do on the wing.

I am satisfied if we simply bring over Tomic or sign another back up center and pick up another back up wing and possibly PG. I would be okay with moving Trey for moving up or another solid veteran backup pg. I am also okay with keeping Trey and seeing if he can be more consistent in shooting next year.

But we have cap space and lots of picks over the next few years, this off seasons contracts could be valuable long term. I hope Jazz aim high and try to get a big name FA by either signing him and hoping they dont match or working out a sign and trade.

Unlikely but Chicago and/or Spurs could go into rebuild mode if certain things happen this season/off season. If thats the case maybe they want a bunch of picks for their UFA's.

For all you Hood people, he has a serious injury right now that the Jazz are closely monitoring. Hopefully he gets healthy and can get off his minute restrictions.

That being said, you go into free agency like Hood will never be healthy. If Hood pans out and you have someone else, great! Trade one for a pick. But, to count on Hood developing while you have the ability to bring someone else in?

No thanks.

For all you Hood people, he has a serious injury right now that the Jazz are closely monitoring. Hopefully he gets healthy and can get off his minute restrictions.

That being said, you go into free agency like Hood will never be healthy. If Hood pans out and you have someone else, great! Trade one for a pick. But, to count on Hood developing while you have the ability to bring someone else in?

No thanks.

I wouldn't really call it a serious injury... just some bad luck. I also think the Jazz have just been really cautious with him.

No thanks.
Not sure he's on a minutes restriction. He started with Hayward back after sitting a game and played over thirty minutes

Trade Trey and draft pick for a PG that can be a catch and shoot PG that doesn't try to do too much.
bring Neto and Tomic over

Bring Alec Burks off the bench the way Manu has done with the Spurs.
Let Rodney Hood start to spread the floor for Hayward and the bigs.

all of this except replace Hood with middleton

No thanks.

What serious injury are you talking about?

No thanks.

His minute restriction has ended. Plantar fasciitis is not as serious anymore, usually just rest and treatment and players get over it. It is not that serious for non big men. Additionally Derrick Favors has had the same issues in the past so I guess we should not count on him in our future plans as well?

No thanks.
Minute restriction is gone. They said that before the Houston game. With the restrictions gone and him playing around 30 minutes I have to assume he's healthy. His injuries seem to be healing.

Exum - Trey
Hood - Burks
Hayward - Jingles
Favors - Booker
Gobert - ?

There is only one rotation guy missing, a backup center.
We don't need any SG/SF. We may of course add more depth considering we have a strong chance of making the playoffs. Jingles is here to stay for a while. Defense, high bball IQ, passing... unselfish guy with positive attitude. Funny Aussie accent and good sense of humor. Chemistry guy loved by all the Jazz players. Trey and Burks could be traded but that won't happen because Trey's value is too low and Burks' salary is too big. Everyone else including Booker is untouchable or you mess with the team chemistry and try to fix something that is not broken.

His minute restriction has ended. Plantar fasciitis is not as serious anymore, usually just rest and treatment and players get over it. It is not that serious for non big men. Additionally Derrick Favors has had the same issues in the past so I guess we should not count on him in our future plans as well?

I've had it before. You rest it goes away. Jazz were cautious and he is likely pain free now. Many, many players have had it. Hood will get healthy... These aren't chronic knee or ankle issues. You have to be smart but I think we can plan on him being healthy.

That said I wouldn't mind having a Carroll or similar type player that could add additional depth.

Exum - Trey
Hood - Burks
Hayward - Jingles
Favors - Booker
Gobert - ?

There is only one rotation guy missing, a backup center.
We don't need any SG/SF. We may of course add more depth considering we have a strong chance of making the playoffs. Jingles is here to stay for a while. Defense, high bball IQ, passing... unselfish guy with positive attitude. Funny Aussie accent and good sense of humor. Chemistry guy loved by all the Jazz players. Trey and Burks could be traded but that won't happen because Trey's value is too low and Burks' salary is too big. Everyone else including Booker is untouchable or you mess with the team chemistry and try to fix something that is not broken.

Burks salary is going to look pretty darn small soon, just saying. I don't think your team is winning any championships with Ingles as your back up SF as well, he's a good 3rd SF though.