What's new

What the...?

olden_undercover

Anybody who's ever listened to DJ & PK knows that Patrick Kinahan is an obnoxious fool, but this is surprising even for him: https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=304&sid=30171625

If you don't feel like reading the whole article, it includes a comparison of Snyder to Griffin, wherein he shares this insightful nugget:

"Among their differences there is one that could pay dividends for the Jazz. Griffin is African-American, the same race that dominates NBA rosters. The simple truth is, the Jazz would be best served to hire a black man as the head coach."

Seriously, is there a way for us to get this clown fired, and stop making Jazz fans look like ignorant bigots?

Anybody who's ever listened to DJ & PK knows that Patrick Kinahan is an obnoxious fool, but this is surprising even for him: https://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=304&sid=30171625

If you don't feel like reading the whole article, it includes a comparison of Snyder to Griffin, wherein he shares this insightful nugget:

"Among their differences there is one that could pay dividends for the Jazz. Griffin is African-American, the same race that dominates NBA rosters. The simple truth is, the Jazz would be best served to hire a black man as the head coach."

Seriously, is there a way for us to get this clown fired, and stop making Jazz fans look like ignorant bigots?

I don't know this guy but his comment was stupid. Race should have no bearing on who the Jazz hire.

Isn't he just suggesting a black coach relates better to black players? Not sure why that would be a reflection on the fans or if it really matters.

I considered posting this article. Read it then was surprised when I got 3/4 of the way through and realized it didn't sound like a KSL article, but rather sounded more like some idiot's blithering on a message board.

What is the race of the Finals coaches?

Conference finals?

Playoff teams?

You seeing the trend yet?

So if we are playing the race card then going Patricks direction is a bad move.

PK is an idiot.

Race doesn't have anything to do with it, and it shouldn't, and I doubt it will. Pick the coach who will relate to all of the players and demand their respect, because he's earned it. Nobody who is anybody in our organization has ever cared what color someone was. We only care that they represent the green, blue, purple, white, and gold.

Isn't he just suggesting a black coach relates better to black players? Not sure why that would be a reflection on the fans or if it really matters.

It's a reflection on fans because it was written by a local media member who covers the Jazz. As for what he's suggesting, I guess it depends how you read it. I think he misses the mark by quite a bit, if player relations is his main point. To me-- and maybe I just have really poor reading comprehension-- the title alone suggests he thinks the Jazz brass put their heads together and said, "Guys, we have a poor image because Utah is unfriendly to black people. :( So let's make sure and interview some black candidates for this head coaching gig, okay? Shoot, maybe we'll even hire one of 'em. Any thoughts, Walt?". Then he digs in and says a bunch of ill-conceived ******** about how hiring a black coach will make everything better-- from public perception (from 15 years ago) to player retention. Read the whole thing (again?) and tell me it's not embarrassing. Can you imagine something like this being written and posted by Adrian Woj. or Mark Stein?

Dude, cry harder.

Lol you guys are hilarious... PK is the biggest troll on the radio... Hook line and sinker

Jazz will never hire a black head coach!

Wait...

Erik Spoelstra has won the last two NBA championship. Maybe we should find a Filipino coach. Race should not matter for the Jazz head coach, it's not like Ty attracted any free agents.

I often wonder if PK even knows all the players on the Jazz. He does no preparation for his radio show. He knows nothing about the NBA, his schtick is to interrupt DJ whenever he has something of value to say. I don't understand why they don't pare DJ to another radio jock.

Erik Spoelstra has won the last two NBA championship. Maybe we should find a Filipino coach. Race should not matter for the Jazz head coach, it's not like Ty attracted any free agents.

I often wonder if PK even knows all the players on the Jazz. He does no preparation for his radio show. He knows nothing about the NBA, his schtick is to interrupt DJ whenever he has something of value to say. I don't understand why they don't pare DJ to another radio jock.
Most Filipinos I know are also slender, unlike Tongans.

his schtick is to interrupt DJ whenever he has something of value to say. I don't understand why they don't pare DJ to another radio jock.

I LOVE this thread. Because I HATE PK. I mean, he drives me crazy. I like listening to sports radio to hear about sports, but, as sojodave pointed out, PK is always interrupting the sports talk with his stupid schtik insulting DJ or lauding Saved by the Bell. His schtik is so cliche radio jockey and so not funny. I hate him so much. Please - why won't they fire him?