What's new

What upgrades are needed to make us a contender?

Could we get Haliburton? We need a big PG going forward. I think Sexton is a solid scorer and seems great at a 6th man. But he isn't going to be the passer we need. Haliburton could play next to him. Not sure they are willing to trade him but they arent winning any time soon and maybe picks could change their mind. They really stole him away though.
Thats the type of player I would be cool with aquiring. No PG13, no KD, no guys like that please.

People will hate this, but Gordon Hayward would be a great fit
franz wagner.

basically a 10 yr younger version of haywood with legit durability.

he's regressed from last season because he's struggling to play with banchero and being asked to do too much cuz magic has no competent backcourt. we let magic choose one or even two of sexton/beasley/conley/NAW to help solve their backcourt woes+ one of the picks to see if we can buy low. unlike to happen but magic is a clown organization and has done dumber things in the past

franz wagner.

he's regressed from last season because he's struggling to play with banchero and being asked to do too much cuz magic has no competent backcourt. we let magic choose one or even two of sexton/beasley/conley/NAW to help solve their backcourt woes+ one of the picks to see if we can buy low. unlike to happen but magic is a clown organization and has done dumber things in the past
Franz is untouchable.

Hayward is very gettable.

Franz is untouchable.

Hayward is very gettable.
when you are a tanking team on a 2-7 record, there's hardly any player who's "untouchable".

this is especially true when you are the magic, who's retired zero number in their 30+ years of existence.

hand them a couple of picks and watch them changing their tone

when you are a tanking team on a 2-7 record, there's hardly any player who's "untouchable".

this is especially true when you are the magic, who's retired zero number in their 30+ years of existence.

hand them a couple of picks and watch them changing their tone
He's a 2nd year star in the making. What are you babbling about?

franz wagner.

Keep dreaming. That is definitely not happening. The magic have a competent backcourt but it has been injured but they just got Suggs back and are about to get Fultz, Harris and Anthony back as well. If we are talking about the magic though I do like the idea of taking a cheap look at Bamba or even Mo Wagner. I like the idea of having another stretch 5 on the roster to develop behind Olynyk. The length with Bamba, Vandy and Lauri would be pretty insane defensively as well.

Keep dreaming. That is definitely not happening. The magic have a competent backcourt but it has been injured but they just got Suggs back and are about to get Fultz, Harris and Anthony back as well. If we are talking about the magic though I do like the idea of taking a cheap look at Bamba or even Mo Wagner. I like the idea of having another stretch 5 on the roster to develop behind Olynyk. The length with Bamba, Vandy and Lauri would be pretty insane defensively as well.
Bamba has a truly terrible motor. No thanks.

Theres a bunch of athletic young guys I’d like to see the Jazz go after and maybe get a bargain for a guy that may have untapped potential that Hardy can work with. . .

PF: Obi Toppin - New York Knicks

SG: Matisse Thybulle - Philadelphia 76ers

SF: Deni Avdija - Washington Wizards

C: Jaxson Hayes - New Orleans Pelicans

Guys like that. . .

Bamba has a truly terrible motor. No thanks.
Motors can be fixed with the right coach and environment. We likely wouldn't be talking about giving up any real assets for a guy that definitely has talent. On the magic he is going to end up being completely buried when Isaac gets back so they may be interested in getting out of the last year of his contract. Some guys just need a change of scenery and a fresh start and I think Bamba could be one of those guys. Lauri was that way at the end of his Chicago tenure.

Motors can be fixed with the right coach and environment. We likely wouldn't be talking about giving up any real assets for a guy that definitely has talent. On the magic he is going to end up being completely buried when Isaac gets back so they may be interested in getting out of the last year of his contract. Some guys just need a change of scenery and a fresh start and I think Bamba could be one of those guys. Lauri was that way at the end of his Chicago tenure.
Motors can not be fixed unless the player wants them fixed. He's on a well coached team. He just isnt that good. He's a 7' with elite length who has never sniffed shooting 50% from the field in his career. Hard pass.

I'm not even a big Kessler guy, but I'd take Kessler 10/10 times over Bamba.

If this keeps going on, i do not want to see big moves. It is too soon. If this roster can get into post-season it well deserves to make it on their own. If we see even one post-season win where the young ones in Lauri, Vando, Collin, Walker, has a big role to deliver it, we get much wiser . I could add depth a bit this season, but not gunning for a superstar trades. We would have to give up too much for a project thats not ready for it. So at most, get some glue guys and shooters for the depth but no big moves.
I'm essentially in line with this. A lot of people seem to still believe that this is all a fluke and that it's all going to come crashing down at any minute. They say we need a Superstar to win in this league .And yet we knocked off the Lakers last night with three future HOFers, and at seven and three, we've been beating higher rated, superstar laden teams every night. In reality, we are a very good basketball team that's built on complimentary skills, chemistry and rapport. So in short, as Step Back has said, I'm not interested in some roster clearing move that has us rooting for some prima donna superstar instead of our rag tag bunch of hungry crusaders. But yes, as George has suggested there are few patch jobs we can do now, or later to make us even better. What are our weaknesses, and who can we get to address them and make us stronger?

We have a really good starting point guard in Conley but unfortunately due to his size, he is a liability on defense which was most apparent in the Dallas game. He's also 35 years old and subject to being load managed. This is a definite issue for a guy making Conley money that will not be with this team that much longer anyway. I really like the SGA suggestion by George, but not sure that it's realistic given how well he's played this season. Presti loves first rounders but how many would this move take? A couple of other possibilities here are Giddy and Killian Hayes (superfluous with Cade Cunningham). How much do I like a Gay for Hayes scenario - I wonder how many picks it would take. There's also Orlando's collection of PGs to consider, which includes Jalen Suggs, Markelle Fultz and Cole Anthony.

Our only other roster concern afaIc is that we are a little thin at the backup power forward position. Conley, Gay and Bolmaro for Jonathan Isaac and Markelle Fultz is a match that costs little or nothing in first rounders. Then we go out and fill that remaining spot with Stanley Johnson.

Last edited:
Do the lakers even appreciate Lonnie Walker. He played well against the Jazz. I wonder if the Jazz could snag him on any of those deals for WB?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Motors can not be fixed unless the player wants them fixed. He's on a well coached team. He just isnt that good. He's a 7' with elite length who has never sniffed shooting 50% from the field in his career. Hard pass.

I'm not even a big Kessler guy, but I'd take Kessler 10/10 times over Bamba.
You are acting like I'm talking about a big piece. We are talking about a bit piece with upside which are the exact type of players we should be looking at. If nothing works out there is nothing lost.

You are acting like I'm talking about a big piece. We are talking about a bit piece with upside which are the exact type of players we should be looking at. If nothing works out there is nothing lost.
How are we just obtaining him for free? There is always a cost, even if it's just an opportunity cost of looking at someone else.

The last thing we need is a low motor center.

Would love to see this roster with Rudy - could we give Minny everything back they gave us and get him back? I am sure that will be unpopular but the more I see this team the more I am convinced keeping Rudy and trading pieces around him was the right decision.

Would love to see this roster with Rudy - could we give Minny everything back they gave us and get him back? I am sure that will be unpopular but the more I see this team the more I am convinced keeping Rudy and trading pieces around him was the right decision.

We are just going to pretend like you didn’t post this. You still have time to delete it.