What's new

What was the best Basketball Movie have you ever watched?

What was the best Basketball Movie have you ever watched?

• Total voters

addictionary

So it's about time we did this. What was the best Basketball Movie have you ever watched?

Please comment with a name if you think it's not on the list.

...for more names that'd light that rusty bulp in your mind.

Love & Basketball
Like Mike
Semi Pro
Teen Wolf
Space Jam (is that even a bball movie?)
Heaven is Playground
Above the Rim (Tupac in)
One on One
The Air Up There
The Pistol: The Birth of a Legend
Basketball Diaries
Celtic Pride
The Sixth Man
Glory Road
Crossover
The Frontier Boys
Streetballers
Juwanna Mann
Hurricane Season
Netflix documentary for AI or Vince Carter.
Other...

Can a mod please tag this? I don't want it to fade behind a bunch of hater threads that is uncomfortable with change and want people who visit less to give their opinion.

Hoosiers for me.

He Got Game has gotten better and better for me over the years. I could do without some parts. Especially the last dumb 2-3 minutes but in general, it’s powerful. Three scenes that I love: Denzel going to his deceased wife’s tombstone and hugging it. Beautiful. The other is when he plays his son in basketball near the end and it culminates with Denzel telling him to get that “hate out your heart, son...or you’ll end up just another ******...like your father.” Or something. Denzel is absolutely wonderful in that film. The last scene I love is the opening after the credits. The music and the shot of the ocean off Coney Island and the way the camera comes around near 360 degrees, the whole neighborhood in view, as it moves, with it finally settling and zooming in on Jesus (Ray Allen) shooting 3’s. Absolutely ****ing beautiful. The score in this film is perfect.

White Man Can’t Jump is my third.

Last edited:
Hoosiers, White Men Can't Jump, and He Got Game are the only real basketball movies that matter. I do have a fondness for the end of Celtic Pride, however.

The absolute worst has to be Eddie, because of the Greg Ostertag nudity. . .

So it's about time we did this. What was the best Basketball Movie have you ever watched?

Please comment with a name if you think it's not on the list.
No Celtic Pride? The jazz win a chip of all things in this. I wonder why and how they chose to feature the jazz of all teams? Weird.
Space Jam (is that even a bball movie?)
Umm, what? Not a basketball movie. The entire move is centered around basketball.
The absolute worst has to be Eddie, because of the Greg Ostertag nudity. . .
That made the movie for me. All Greg had to do was act like himself. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what the producers asked him to do. Lol

Man, you pale aces already piling up on the Hoosiers, this is so stereotypical. I kid. Thanks for participating.

Above the Rim is very relatable to me. I also had a best friend named Nutzo that tragically fell off a roof trying to slap an oddly placed backboard. RIP Nutzo.