What's new

what was your favorite jazz year?

Lenny Lennord

Here are some of my favorite jazz seasons

96-97
97-98
03-04

03-04 was suppose to be a 9 year win for us and Sloan "screwed" us into winning 40 wins. everybody played so hard it was fun to see them outplay better talent.

will this year top 03-04 in no expectancy to win but enjoying every min of it? i think so.

96-97
97-98
03-04

03-04 was suppose to be a 9 year win for us and Sloan "screwed" us into winning 40 wins. everybody played so hard it was fun to see them outplay better talent.

will this year top 03-04 in no expectancy to win but enjoying every min of it? i think so.

The ones you mentioned were all fun.... I liked the year with booze, dwill, memo, ak when we went to the western finals.

Also I liked every year that blue edward was in a jazz uni.

Next years should rank up there and 14-15 should be even better

I'm dating myself here, but loved our teams when we first made the playoffs in 1984 and 1985, but the pinnacle was the Stockton/Malone era. Besides the finals years, I loved the 87/88 season where we pushed a great Lakers team to 7 games and announced ourselves as a good and potentially great team. That time in our franchise history was special because we could have beaten the Lakers that year and we had hope and promise. We knew we had two amazing young players with potentially several years of playoff runs ahead of us. Of course, that was the era when players stayed with the teams that drafted them, not like now when the better players move around to win championships at any cost.

In all seriousness. I can't remember back then and I wasn't even born for most of those other ones. So looking at the future haha.

That's part of why older Jazz fans have such lofty expectations for our team, we got used to being perennial contenders (and chokers - hey just saying).

I'm dating myself here, but loved our teams when we first made the playoffs in 1984 and 1985, but the pinnacle was the Stockton/Malone era. Besides the finals years, I loved the 87/88 season where we pushed a great Lakers team to 7 games and announced ourselves as a good and potentially great team. That time in our franchise history was special because we could have beaten the Lakers that year and we had hope and promise. We knew we had two amazing young players with potentially several years of playoff runs ahead of us. Of course, that was the era when players stayed with the teams that drafted them, not like now when the better players move around to win championships at any cost.

This! Amen!

87-88..took a girl to a Lakers vs. Jazz playoff game at the Salt Palace...Utah 96 and Lakers 89....24 years and 5 kids later we are still loving it.....

87-88..took a girl to a Lakers vs. Jazz playoff game at the Salt Palace...Utah 96 and Lakers 89....24 years and 5 kids later we are still loving it.....

Wow
Very cool

97-98 - first year I had NBA League Pass. Was well worth it.

99-00 - Sloan had an aging Stockton and Malone and a broken down Hornacek and still managed to win 55 games. How he didn't win COY that year I'll never know.

06-07 - Winning 12 or the first 13 was a total shocker. Team had plenty of holes but I loved the ride. And I don't care if Utah backed into the WCF. Watching B-Ball again in late May is a beautiful thing no matter how you get there.

07-08 - Jazz run from January on was epic.

96-97
97-98
03-04

Well, I too am old enough to remember the NBA Finals. And some of the frustrations losing to lesser teams. Worst was the year they hung a great big "We Will Rock You" banner on the building only to see the Jazz get bounced by the Warriors in the 1st round. I HATED Don Nelson's small ball and his "RUN TMC" teams. I have to say that 03-04 will always be my favorite. That team got no respect at all. Not knocking what Brown did with Memphis, but Sloan SHOULD have won COTY. I just HOPE we don't have a repeat of that season. Jazz need to get a top-7 pick.

1996-97 - Dream season capped by finally breaking past the WCF and into the NBA Finals.
1997-98 & 1998-99 - Both seasons began with rare "anything less than a title is a disappointment" mentality and although they came up short throughout the season they were front & center on national stage (esp in '99) and that was also a rarity.
2006-07 - WCF in the first year with a healthy Boozer and Deron as fulltime starter
2007-08 - Jazz were best offensive team in the league and post-Korver trade could hang with any team in the league.
2003-04 - The greatest coaching performance in NBA history.
1999-00 - Glad to see Candrew mention this season, Hornacek running on fumes but Big-3 + Sloan virtually will team to 55 wins with possibly the worst bench in the league. Malone at age 36: 26/10/4 w/51% FG.
2012-13 - jk

I see the OP included more than one year so I guess it's okay for me too. I tried to narrow it down to just the years that I really really enjoyed. So here is my list: 1985-2013.

If I had to choose one favorite --1987, particularly the playoffs.