What's new

What would you give up for Westbrook?

The offer of my right nut goes for this trade too.

I would support this trade. Kind of feel like Exum is going to be fine though. Don't really see the superstar potential on the wing. Love Hood, but just feel like he should be the team's sixth man. If the Jazz are going to find a guy like that, I'd prefer it were a SF or SG.

If he were certain to sign a new contract with us? Pretty much any combination of draft picks and players within reason. (I would not give up favors hayward gobert and multiple 1st rounders for example)

I think a fair trade would be something like hayward, exum, and 2 first round picks.
Maybe exum value is too low right now for okc to do that though so In that case I would throw in hood or burks or lyles.

Westbrook, hill
Hood, burks
JJ, ingles (probably try to get another sf somehow)
Favors, lyles/diaw
Gobert, withey

Probably could play hood a lot at the three also and increase Burks and hills minutes at the 2 to cover the vacancy of Hayward if we couldn't get anyone else on the team at the 3

That team would have superstar power, great defense, really good role players and a pretty good bench unit.

I would think we would be a 3 seed next year.

Though spacing could be an issue.

Maybe trade favors or Gobert instead. I'm pretty much open to anything. I just think that losing durant would mean okc would want hayward since he plays the same position. (And exum plays the same position as Westbrook)

If he were certain to sign a new contract with us? Pretty much any combination of draft picks and players within reason. (I would not give up favors hayward gobert and multiple 1st rounders for example)

I think a fair trade would be something like hayward, exum, and 2 first round picks.
Maybe exum value is too low right now for okc to do that though so In that case I would throw in hood or burks or lyles.

Westbrook, hill
Hood, burks
JJ, ingles (probably try to get another sf somehow)
Favors, lyles/diaw
Gobert, withey

Probably could play hood a lot at the three also and increase Burks and hills minutes at the 2 to cover the vacancy of Hayward if we couldn't get anyone else on the team at the 3

That team would have superstar power, great defense, really good role players and a pretty good bench unit.

I would think we would be a 3 seed next year.

Though spacing could be an issue.

Maybe trade favors or Gobert instead. I'm pretty much open to anything. I just think that losing durant would mean okc would want hayward since he plays the same position. (And exum plays the same position as Westbrook)

Yowza.

Hayward Exum Hood + 2 firsts?

I appreciate you posting an actually realistic trade. But damn, seeing it laid out like that is rough.

Yowza.

Hayward Exum Hood + 2 firsts?

I appreciate you posting an actually realistic trade. But damn, seeing it laid out like that is rough.
You misunderstood.
I said Hayward, exum, and 2 firsts.

If okc don't want exum cause his value is too low then remove exum from the trade and put hood or burks in. In that scenario we keep exum.

Maybe favors and hood (or burks) and picks.

Westbrook, hill, exum
Hill, burks, exum
Hayward, jj, ingles
Lyles, diaw, jj
Gobert, withey

I think okc would want hayward to be the main piece though.

I think I'd say pick two of anyone. Except Gobert and Favors (one, not both) Maybe throw in a first rounder, done.

There's no way to guarantee that he'd re-sign with the Jazz, therefore, I wouldn't trade anything significant to get him. After losing Durant, I think OKC will just double down and build around Westbrook. Try to land a SF next year that can somewhat fill the hole that Durant left. They'll likely fight for the last few playoff spots for the next couple of years. If that's the case, that draft pick from Kanter could end up being a really solid asset.

There's no way to guarantee that he'd re-sign with the Jazz, therefore, I wouldn't trade anything significant to get him. After losing Durant, I think OKC will just double down and build around Westbrook. Try to land a SF next year that can somewhat fill the hole that Durant left. They'll likely fight for the last few playoff spots for the next couple of years. If that's the case, that draft pick from Kanter could end up being a really solid asset.

To clarify the pick is lottery protected, for a minute I was really excited.

I think building around Westbrook will be a failed exercise especially when they don't convince him they have a solid plan.

They better learn how to play D or they will get exploited next season. Especially if they lose Steven Adams to a middle level important injury.

And remember kids, if you ever use Jazzfanz App, use it safe.

I think I'd say pick two of anyone. Except Gobert and Favors (one, not both) Maybe throw in a first rounder, done.
This is how I feel too. I would throw in another first to get it done though.

There's no way to guarantee that he'd re-sign with the Jazz

This is what you call a hypothetical situation. It's just a discussion not based in reality.

Now that I have explained that.... What would you give up for westbrook if you knew for a fact that he would sign with the jazz long term?

This is how I feel too. I would throw in another first to get it done though.
As long as we are playing this game:
They ask for Hayward and Favors and two firsts, you do it? How confident are you that we could win the title or at least make the finals in the next five years with
Westbrook/Exum
Hood/Burks
Hood?/???
Lyles
Gobert

Westbrooks game will age horribly, so by the end of that five years our window will be closed. Do you cash in on the rebuild for five years of that team?

Thats a tough one for me. I'd probably do it though.

If he is willing to sign here why are we trading for him?
He's not doing it out of the kindness of his heart. At that point we could offer more money and years than anyone else.

But you knew that of course.

As long as we are playing this game:
They ask for Hayward and Favors and two firsts, you do it?

I say no. A pretty firm no too. Which is weird for me to say since I have been saying that we should do anything and everything for a star.

If he is willing to sign here why are we trading for him?
Just answer the question.

If we could trade for westbrook and it was guaranteed he would sign long term with the jazz then what would you give up for him.
Don't change the discussion or say what if this or that..... Just answer the question.