What's new

What's going on with Burke?

underKANTER

Did you guys hear in the draft night that he said the Jazz' biggest need is a legit Center?

What's wrong with you? A guy that just finished his rookie season shooting 38 percent from the field, 33 percent from the behind the three point line, being undersized and a liability on the defensive end talking like this? Who are you? A superstar? What a douchebag.

I always said that he could be a solid back up but no way he will ever be a legit starting PG in this league.

I hate this kids attitude and character. Definitely not what the Jazz organisation stands for!

We needed a legit PG and we finally got him. He has the size, length, quickness and potential to be a great defender at the one and two position. So happy about Exum.

I hope the Jazz trade Burke as quick as possible! He is a cancer and will destroy our team chemistry if he stays. No way I want him go be considered as a leader for this team!

I'm confused.

Also, why do we need to ship off Burke right away? I agree if it's a choice between him and Exum, Exum every time. Shouldn't have to be said. In the long term you trade Burke. But in the short term, why not keep both? Dante is 18 years old and has little competitive experience. He's 6'6. Look at the Spurs, look at the Suns: what you need is players on the court who can move the ball. You can play two point guards, especially when one's 6'6 and apparently excitingly athletic. I say keep Burke for a season, unless you get a good deal. No reason to throw an asset away just because you got a shiny new one. Burke is still an interesting prospect.

Was super impressed with what Burke said tbh.

He said we needed to draft either a legit Center, or he hoped we got Exum cuz we needed someone else in the backcourt. He's not scared of Exum stealing his job, wants to play with him. He said this before we picked Exum.

Favors and Kanter are more of a legit C as Burke is a legit PG.

Hopefully Kanter fulfills some of his potential.

Doesn't Favors himself say he is a PF?

Burke was asked a question by Andy Katz, "What do you feel the team needs most?"

Burke responded with something to the effect of, We need a legit Center, or a good Guard like Exum.

Did you want him to say..."We have need of nothing. We should forfeit the pick and win championship with current roster."

We have needs bro. Lots of them.

Hopefully Kanter fulfills some of his potential.

Doesn't Favors himself say he is a PF?

Burke was asked a question by Andy Katz, "What do you feel the team needs most?"

Burke responded with something to the effect of, We need a legit Center, or a good Guard like Exum.

Did you want him to say..."We have need of nothing. We should forfeit the pick and win championship with current roster."

We have needs bro. Lots of them.

We have needs, especially a wing that can shoot the ball.

You can say that we need some size in the frontcourt or whatever but I do think that we have three legit Centers and two of them are solid rim protectors and good defenders. Even if Favors thinks he is a PF, I do think that his rim protection and defense with his worse shooting skills than Kanter makes him more of a Center than Kanter. Kanter would be the ideal PF. Depends on who we play against, Kanter can play as a Center defending the big, heavy and less athletic Centers.

Given Ronda Burke's tweets dissing Kanter mid-season, I saw the comment as a dismissal of Kanter and his talents. Gobert as well.

I know Trey likes Favors, so maybe he believes he's a PF as well?

@UGLIBaby, he could've said we need wings, specifically SF's, since Hayward and Burks are SG's. I also liked his openness to Exum, but he kind of has to be in that position, right? I mean, Jazz on clock with potential franchise talent available at his position.

HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING. Now we're cross referencing what Burke said in a 20 second interview at the draft to his mother's tweets from half a season ago? Jesus. Jazz fans are lunatics.

I'm confused.

Also, why do we need to ship off Burke right away? I agree if it's a choice between him and Exum, Exum every time. Shouldn't have to be said. In the long term you trade Burke. But in the short term, why not keep both? Dante is 18 years old and has little competitive experience. He's 6'6. Look at the Spurs, look at the Suns: what you need is players on the court who can move the ball. You can play two point guards, especially when one's 6'6 and apparently excitingly athletic. I say keep Burke for a season, unless you get a good deal. No reason to throw an asset away just because you got a shiny new one. Burke is still an interesting prospect.

I wanted to trade him before we picked Exum. I'm not confident that he would be worth later what he is now(he will begin to lose that lovely potential glow)

DL will get offers. He should be patient at first but ultimately I would like to see him get it done.

He is intimitated what he is.

Maybe Ronda tweeted those after Trey told on Enes and as Ronda grabbed the phone to tell Mrs Kanter about his son not being a legit Center, Mrs Kanter said "oh no you di'nt. Look hon let the boys handle this kind of jibber jabber and you worry about your cooking ok?"

HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING. Now we're cross referencing what Burke said in a 20 second interview at the draft to his mother's tweets from half a season ago? Jesus. Jazz fans are lunatics.

Yeah, just wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way i see it, Gobert is our only legit centre due to his size. but the way the league is going, Favors can play centre most nights, so maybe i just need to rethink what a legit centre really means.

And I'm sure the FO is THRILLED he's hanging out with this role model
10453704_650549951700136_752307079_n.jpg

Did you guys hear in the draft night that he said the Jazz' biggest need is a legit Center?

What's wrong with you? A guy that just finished his rookie season shooting 38 percent from the field, 33 percent from the behind the three point line, being undersized and a liability on the defensive end talking like this? Who are you? A superstar? What a douchebag.

I always said that he could be a solid back up but no way he will ever be a legit starting PG in this league.

I hate this kids attitude and character. Definitely not what the Jazz organisation stands for!

We needed a legit PG and we finally got him. He has the size, length, quickness and potential to be a great defender at the one and two position. So happy about Exum.

I hope the Jazz trade Burke as quick as possible! He is a cancer and will destroy our team chemistry if he stays. No way I want him go be considered as a leader for this team!

I think you are WAY WAY over analyzing his comments. Perhaps he said it because he wanted the Jazz to take Embiid. Kanter and Favors both claim they are PFs and Gobert hasn't proven he is a starter so C was and is still a need. Yes, there might be some bias in his comments but what person is going to say, Yea we need a PG when he plays PG? The hate on everything Trey does is hard to understand considering how many Jazz fans were over the top when we drafted him. The kid is yes I said kid is still young and learning to play in the NBA and people want to throw him out because he tweets something stupid or he gives his opinion on basketball. Really?