What's new

Whats the best big man combo in the NBA?

Beantown

So we all know where this is going. Here is my top five 4/5 combo in the league.

1.Millsap/Jefferson
2.Gasol/Bynum
3.Garnett/Oneal
4.Griffin/Kaman
5.Randolph/Gasol

So I am basically saying we currently have the best big man punch in the game. Both guys can put up 20/10 while playing on the floor togethor. Im pretty proud of our frontcourt.

Notes: I didnt count Dwight Howard because he has no true 4 playing with him. I am assuming Boozer and Noah could be on the list one day if they ever get the chance to play on the court togethor.

Yeah im as big a homer as they come, but Sap and Jefferson have yet to prove anything, I have to go with Gasol/Odom as the best, until Mansap and Big Al prove me wrong ;)

My top-10:
1. Gasol/Odom
2. Howard/Lewis
3. Nowitzki and whoever's playing center (Haywood/Chandler)
4. Jefferson/Millsap
5. Garnett/O'Neal
6. Duncan/Blair
7. Randolph/Gasol
8. Aldrige/Camby
9. Kaman/Griffin
10. Horford/Smith

TBD: Boozer/Noah

With having Duncan/Blair at 6, you pretty much lost all credibility.
You have no credibility so commenting on someone else's means nothing. I could've put Duncan with the janitor and that combo would still get a top-10 spot. 18 and 10, still draws a double-team on the low-block and averages as many blocks as Millsap and Jefferson combined.

Odom plays 5, duh.
Not sure what this means, but if you're referring to positions Odom actually plays the 3 and 4 - with PF being his most effective position.

Last edited:
My top-10:
1. Gasol/Odom
2. Howard/Lewis
3. Nowitzki and whoever's playing center (Haywood/Chandler)
4. Jefferson/Millsap
5. Garnett/O'Neal
6. Duncan/Blair
7. Randolph/Gasol
8. Aldrige/Camby
9. Kaman/Griffin
10. Horford/Smith

TBD: Boozer/Noah

This isn't bad, but might include Yao/Scola around 6.

You have no credibility so commenting on someone else's means nothing. I could've put Duncan with the janitor and that combo would still get a top-10 spot. 18 and 10, still draws a double-team on the low-block and averages as many blocks as Millsap and Jefferson combined.

Odom plays 5, duh.

Anyone who would put Millsap/Al over Gasol/Bynum is out of their mind. We have not even see our guys play a handful of games together yet, while the latter is going for their third championship in a row.

What? No one for Noah/Boozer?

What a great impact Boozer is having this year for the Bulls! Man we really missed out.... Stupid KOC...

Yeah ordinarily I would have, but Yao's 24-minute limit forced me to leave him off, as I'd rather have Randolph/Gasol for 35 minutes than Yao/Scola for 24. But if healthy, I agree that combo would be up there.

This combo is ever so Dangerous, and amazingly underestimated. Scola is a straight up BEAST. But what happens when Yao's played his 24 minutes? They replace him with their backup. Who is that? Why former Allstar Brad Miller.

If the Rocket back court gets their **** together, they could be a sleeper. Even if they don't, I think they'll actually make the playoffs.

This combo is ever so Dangerous, and amazingly underestimated. Scola is a straight up BEAST. But what happens when Yao's played his 24 minutes? They replace him with their backup. Who is that? Why former Allstar Brad Miller.

If the Rocket back court gets their **** together, they could be a sleeper. Even if they don't, I think they'll actually make the playoffs.

Yea, Scola is one of those guys that everyone says is underrated, but gets tons of respect inside the industry. He's a stud. He's not flashy or arrogant, and simply does his job night in and out. That only makes him better.