What's new

What's the Deal With Favors?

Revolution 9

Contributor
[video=youtube_share;BrwKDQ_i-rE]https://youtu.be/BrwKDQ_i-rE

It's obvious we aren't going on a playoff run without Favors. He is too important an anchor with Rudy.

So what the hell happened to Favors?

Did he start off the season healthy? I recall him being injured after a couple pre-season games if not game number 2.
Was he not healthy going into camp? Did he get hurt there? Did he knee/bone injury happen in that first pre-season game?

Thanks so much for the video post. I don't know when he got injured. I thought he played well in preseason and I thought it was like the 2nd regular season game that he did it. But I could be mistaken. Anyhow, I think the issue right now with Favs is that he's stubborn. I don't think he likes to sit out. He will play hurt if he has to. He's the ultimate team player. Whatever he can do to help his team win. But with that comes the idea that him playing hurt is actually hurting the team. And maybe he should take time off to let it heal.

We as fans get sick and tired of players always being hurt, But he was averaging about 70 games a season before last year. So his "injury prone" is kind of blown out of proportion. He seems like a huge competitor so come rain or shine he is going to play. I tip my cap off to him for playing hurt. Only because the guys behind him suck monkey balls. And maybe that is part of the reason he rushes back, because the team struggles at the 4 without him more than with him. But one thing I am excited to see is how he will respond to this when healthy. This could be a huge motivator come next year. And I hope they hold on to him so we can see it.

I just think Favs and Gobert doesn't work...

Been watching guys just load up in the paint. The teams that are successful with two bigs are teams that can use one of them in the post. Grizzlies can post both guys... Clippers are the same. Is there a team that is successfully using two bigs that can't stretch the floor or post up. Both guys are good in PnR, but if you can load up the paint it can be negated.

I would move him now if the right deal came along, but I understand the reasons to be patient.

The PF problem is the big issue with this squad.

Do we need another thread on Favors not being good/healthy this year? Dear lord this has been discussed ad nauseam. HE HAS HAD A BAD KNEE ALL YEAR. In addition to that he is no longer the main PNR player in the offense. Different role and flaring knee issues.

I just think Favs and Gobert doesn't work...

Been watching guys just load up in the paint. The teams that are successful with two bigs are teams that can use one of them in the post. Grizzlies can post both guys... Clippers are the same. Is there a team that is successfully using two bigs that can't stretch the floor or post up. Both guys are good in PnR, but if you can load up the paint it can be negated.

I would move him now if the right deal came along, but I understand the reasons to be patient.

The PF problem is the big issue with this squad.

Backup pg is #2. As frustrating as it is now, it'll be exacerbated in the playoffs.

Cy tells me the problem was the mattress and that it won't be a problem this year.

Or is it his knee now? Or something about overuse injuries that happen at the very start of the season?

I have no idea what's wrong with Favors.

Cy tells me the problem was the mattress and that it won't be a problem this year.

Or is it his knee now? Or something about overuse injuries that happen at the very start of the season?

I have no idea what's wrong with Favors.
Has his back been an issue this year?

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app

The team is trying to be the GS Warriors. We are bombing away from downtown. This is good when they go in when they are off wouldn't you be pissed off shagging balls for these guards. Warrior ball is going to end as fast as it caught on. This is a fad that would only work in todays NBA. Curry would get roughed up for his attitude and his game in the past.

Locke had an interesting take today on his podcast. Besides Hayward, Hill,Ingles and Gobert who else do you think is happy with their role on the team? Hill, Ingles, and Hayward might leave after this season. Yet, the Jazz are dead set on wasting the rest of their assets especially the young ones to appease these three. Favors like many other on this team are probably not happy with their roles. The young guys are watching Diaw and Johnson play critical minutes. Then you have lineup where we are playing Ingles, Hayward, and Johnson at the 4. We have two capable 4s who are watching this and are not happy. We have a mess of players that are not getting the development they need. What happens if Hayward, Hill, and Favors leave? Then we are done next year because we have not developed anyone this year.

Locke had an interesting take today on his podcast. Besides Hayward, Hill,Ingles and Gobert who else do you think is happy with their role on the team? Hill, Ingles, and Hayward might leave after this season. Yet, the Jazz are dead set on wasting the rest of their assets especially the young ones to appease these three. Favors like many other on this team are probably not happy with their roles. The young guys are watching Diaw and Johnson play critical minutes. Then you have lineup where we are playing Ingles, Hayward, and Johnson at the 4. We have two capable 4s who are watching this and are not happy. We have a mess of players that are not getting the development they need. What happens if Hayward, Hill, and Favors leave? Then we are done next year because we have not developed anyone this year.

Crazy take, players want as big of a role as possible.