What's new

Whats the going rate for a Pro Bowl Caliber QB these days???

yes, me and my friends refer to Tony Romo as Romo'fingers (like butterfingers).

Oh, I've been a Cowboys fan since I was little.

Do you live in Dallas? Then you can't be a fan.

Romo sucks too, but he is better than Smith.

Do you live in Dallas? Then you can't be a fan.

Romo sucks too, but he is better than Smith.

I'm not die hard at all. I was when I was little, nut now I'll root for my fantasy team or Utes players over the Cowboys.

There isn't an NFL team in Utah (besides the Utes) that I'm unaware of is there???

I like this move for Alex as long as KC resigns D. Bowe. Alex needs a #1WR to be effective. With Jamal Charles and a decent O-line already in place, Alex could land on his feet in KC and take them from a 2 win team to an 8 win team in 2013.

No but I just got a message from the future and Alex Smith is leading the league in getting sacked and throwing picks.
Don't forget fumbles. He has gotten better at hanging onto the ball after minor contact, but expect that to change when he gets knocked around a little bit behind a line that probably won't be as good as SF's.

Smith is a great game manager. And I don't use that term in a derogative fashion. Alex has maximized the talent he has. Not his fault the 49'ers went the seemingly safer route with a QB who was more advanced than Rodgers was on draft day. Smith is Trent Dilfer. He's a QB who will make all the safe plays and generally not cost you the ball game. Just don't ask him to throw the ball deep. Don't ask him to perform under duress. Smith needs to make a living on throwing 5 yard passes. The problem with that is CB's and safeties, even LB's are now fast enough to prevent a receiver from getting 2 yards after the catch on a 3rd and 7.

Don't forget fumbles. He has gotten better at hanging onto the ball after minor contact, but expect that to change when he gets knocked around a little bit behind a line that probably won't be as good as SF's.

Smith is a great game manager. And I don't use that term in a derogative fashion. Alex has maximized the talent he has. Not his fault the 49'ers went the seemingly safer route with a QB who was more advanced than Rodgers was on draft day. Smith is Trent Dilfer. He's a QB who will make all the safe plays and generally not cost you the ball game. Just don't ask him to throw the ball deep. Don't ask him to perform under duress. Smith needs to make a living on throwing 5 yard passes. The problem with that is CB's and safeties, even LB's are now fast enough to prevent a receiver from getting 2 yards after the catch on a 3rd and 7.

Smith isn't even going to get the chance to game manage. KC doesn't have the personel for him to manage. He is going to be running for his life and throwing stupid *** bootleg passes just like he did in the early niners days.

Im not just a Alex Smith hater either. Im a fan of the Utes and his career there. He just isn't that good. I call it like I see it.

Im not just a Alex Smith hater either.

Clearly.

Alex is not the kind of QB that can carry a team. There's plenty of evidence for that. In the right system, he's good. No doubt Harbs squeezed the best out of Alex. Normally I would see going to KC as Smith's death knell, but I am encouraged by the fact that Andy Reid is there. Reid is a good coach. Before Harbaugh, Smith had nothing but **** for coaches in SF. I hope he does well.

But I'm still a Niners fan, so if he completely crashes and burns, oh well. Kaep is my guy now.

Andy Reid
West Coast Offense
Jamaal Charles
Offensive line
and hopefully Dwayne Bowe

This puts Smith in a great position to be successful. Smith is no different from any other QB, he is as good as the coaching.

You guys remember the Matt Cassel that played for Belicheck?

p1_smith_alex2.jpg
Damn man...how sweet is this picture?

Smith is Trent Dilfer. He's a QB who will make all the safe plays and generally not cost you the ball game. Just don't ask him to throw the ball deep. Don't ask him to perform under duress.

Duress such as trailing in a playoff game with only 1:32 left, with the ball at his own 15, with only 1 timeout, and the fact that the defense knew he was going to throw so they were pinning their ears back and coming after him on every play?

I think Smith is a notch better than Dilfer was, and I think he is quite a bit better under duress than he is given credit for.

Kaepernick's just good because of Harbaugh too right?

I would say yes. Kap is good but I think a lot has to do with Harbaugh and the other players. Kap on the Chiefs would be terrible too.

I'd take Kap over Smith though.