What's new

What's the Next Move?

And I am saying that there will be a large dip because we downgraded across a larger bucket of minutes, and it won’t necessarily be Sexton’s fault.

So as the resident Sexton hater; what type of dip is acceptable in your mind that you won’t be bashing on him every chance you get?

We got pretty good play out of him and THT last night.
Bruh I'm talking about how the starting lineup plays.

I dont know what the metric is. It's all going to be eye test thing then seeing if the numbers point out anything you missed.

You are really inferring a lot of stuff just because you think I'm the "Resident Sexton Hater"

And THT was pretty bad last night and was one of the main reasons the first 2nd unit stint went really badly.

I expect the lineups to get better though. I think we should be able to see what kind of playmaker Sexton is now is mostly what I'm getting at. We will see if he make players better because he will likely be on ball a bit more.

We will lose a lot of games with THT as our backup point. If there is any question that Danny set up the tank, throwing NAW to the Wolves who didn't need him is the proof you need.

I think the next move is now trying to identify a second star to pair with Lauri.

Superstars that might be traded: Luka Doncic
Star level players that might be traded: Trae Young, Jaylen Brown

If you can't land one of those guys then you have to look for other guys that have been good but may not have reached their full potential for whatever reason, guys like James Harden, Lauri Markkanen, etc.

Guys that would fall into that category for me include: OG Anunoby, Mikal Bridges, DeAndre Hunter, Patrick Williams, and Deni Avdija

I think the next move is now trying to identify a second star to pair with Lauri.

Superstars that might be traded: Luka Doncic
Star level players that might be traded: Trae Young, Jaylen Brown

If you can't land one of those guys then you have to look for other guys that have been good but may not have reached their full potential for whatever reason, guys like James Harden, Lauri Markkanen, etc.

Guys that would fall into that category for me include: OG Anunoby, Mikal Bridges, DeAndre Hunter, Patrick Williams, and Deni Avdija
A.) I don’t want Trae Young (stupid autocorrect) anywhere near this team.

B.) Mikal Bridges is the only other guy on the potential list that really intrigued me - and that has a lot to do with his current contracts

Last edited:
A.) I don’t want Trae Brown anywhere near this team.

B.) Mikal Bridges is the only other guy on the potential list that really intrigued me - and that has a lot to do with his current contracts
Trae I agree with, Jaylen is a superstar though.

I like Bridges but 2-3 FRPs for a guy that's likely a 3rd or 4th option on a contending team is a lot to give up.

Trae I agree with, Jaylen is a superstar though.

I like Bridges but 2-3 FRPs for a guy that's likely a 3rd or 4th option on a contending team is a lot to give up.
I would t have given that either, but I would have choked down taking back Ben Simmons. Either way, the jazz have a chance to clear the deck over the next two seasons and put themselves into a situation where they can either add a key free agent or trade for a disgruntled star.

In the locker room, vocality, mentorship etc. - peoples' personalities don't change. Expecting them to is a recipe for both personal and team failure.
This is clearly a subject you dont understand well enough to comment. Part of my job is to work with grpup dynamics and other aspects of social psychology, and I can wholeheartedly tell you that what you said above is 100% false, including personalities not changing.

There is a lot of research done on the subject, but as a teaser I can tell you that adding or removing 1 person from an existing group of people can have dramatic effect on how the group behaves and performs, and even on the personalities of the individuals and how they manifest in that context.

Certainly, but the starting lineup is the same that Conley was working with....

Also we have to remember that the jazz sucked WITH conley running the show and vando, beasley, and NAW on the roster still. Take out that 10-3 start and we are in the VW sweepstakes.

Would be crazy to expect Sexton the make the jazz good/competive after losing 4 dudes when we sucked *** with those 4 dudes on the team for the most part.

Also, now we are in tank mode. We finally WANT to lose. Might see Lauri, Kessler etc “rest” some games.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Also we have to remember that the jazz sucked WITH conley running the show and vando, beasley, and NAW on the roster still. Take out that 10-3 start and we are in the VW sweepstakes.

Would be crazy to expect Sexton the make the jazz good/competive after losing 4 dudes when we sucked *** with those 4 dudes on the team for the most part.

Also, now we are in tank mode. We finally WANT to lose. Might see Lauri, Kessler etc “rest” some games.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
We will lose more. Not because the starters will suck significantly more, but our bench will. It was a subtracting trade even if some of the pieces didnt fit and some shots will go to better shooters... but it was not a blatant tank move that ensures we cannot win.

Also since some of the better teams made clear moves to improve simultaneously, we will likely get blown out badly more often now.

But building back up to a .500 team will be easy whenever we decide to do it, even without major trades. Assuming our current guys continue to progress meanwhile ofc.

More THT/Dok/Fontecchio = more losses. Our starters will be fine but our bench might be the worst in the league now.

less Sexton less Finnisher less Ochai less Walker and more scrubs and mayb just maybe after moving up to 5th we will only slide to 7 pick some project like GG and be right back here again next draft smh

My hopes for Lauri going forward this year:

- More ballhandling duties, similar to what he does in the NT. Good time to practice doing it in the NBA.

- Higher usage albeit efficiency likely gonna go down since his looks will be much tougher on average. However Mike+Malik+Vando combined for 27 FGA/gm, so plenty of usage to distribute around.

- More vocal leadership on and off court

Ok. Pick an Unicorn, and build an enchanted forest around the Unicorn. Every fairy spirits were happy, on a bright meadows, with the Unicorn.

Then, just bulldoze whole ****ing ****, and be happy! **** You JAZZ!

Maybe, just maybe, they can grow a new wood for the rare specimen, but they just did the unfathomable cruelty for "their" Unicorn. They demonstrated that anything that is really meaningful for the specimen, doesn't hold any value at all. Effectively they just ruined the scenario of 'Markkanen for Life".

FO is praised and esteemed, but they are idiots. Lauri was alone all his career, and when he finally was not, then make him alone again! Vitun kusipääidiootit!