• $8-9 mil

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • $9-10 mil

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • get him the hell out

Votes: 5 5.1%

• Total voters

NAOS

Vote for salary range within which you would re-sign AK. The number represents the average annual salary. Comments regarding the number of years would be awesome.

I'd give him an average of 6-7. He has played very well this year and I think that is more the product of his body finally starting to hold a little bit of weight and him staying healthier than anything else. He has played smart basketball and been productive on both ends of the floor. I figure he is playing as well as Harris, maybe better this season but I wouldn't want to give him quite that much because of his injury history. Besides, he said he would take a home town discount to stay in Utah. He needs to prove that's not just lip service. If he won't, he was probably just working for another contract and won't play this well again until his next contract year.

I think 3 years at the mid level is about were I would like the deal to be. That puts him in the 5-6 mil range.

Well, Max 7-8, but I would like to see him more in the 6-7 range, no more than 3 years, only way we do 4 years is a team option.

I voted 5-6M but in hindsight wish I had said 4-5M or get him the hell out. The fact that we always have to wonder if he'll stay healthy, or play with any kind of heart, or show any consistency for more than two games in a row, or gives a damn says it all. Dude seems to always need his hand held in some way and admittedly has no passion for the game. So unless we're getting him for a "discount" at 4-5M per, get him the hell out. Seriously. it's not even about the money. Or the player. It's about the drama he brings with him. We don't need it. It's not what our new core should be about.

I voted in the 7-8 range. While he is over paid, 7-8 is still cutting his salary in freakin half. He's a hard one to figure. Since the departures of Sloan/D-Will, AK has really seemed to thrive. If this is the AK we're going to be getting I have no problem paying him that and if somebody could give me a magical guarantee he wouldn't get injured, I'd pay him 10.

So most of you are saying let him go - which is fine if that is what you want. AK will get at least 8m from someone and won't surprise me if he get 10m

So most of you are saying let him go - which is fine if that is what you want. AK will get at least 8m from someone and won't surprise me if he get 10m

I hate to admit it, but I think this is accurate. He is a tough one to figure out, but if he stays relatively healthy and plays well, I wouldn't be shocked if he got 10 per and I expect he'll get 8.

Considering his contract and attitude have been the most burdensome and perhaps most destructive thing this franchise has endured in the last 25 years, get him the hell out. It's nothing short of embarrassing that he outlasted Jerry, Phil, and Deron.

Besides, this team is or should be going young and from everything I can gather, the example AK would set for younger players isn't a good one. Let him go and implode Miami.

There's no way the next CBA would allow the market to drive his price that high. I guarantee it.

Better yet let's go find Stockton and give him the money we would give Ak who made 68 million in 5 years. How much did stockton make in his whole career? 66 million.