What's new

When will Rudy Gobert make his first all-star appearance?

What season is first all-star appearance?

• Total voters

The Blue Elephant

The west is very deep. Demarcus Cousins barely made it after putting up solid numbers for 5 years. Well as some people think the Frenchman will be better than Tim Duncan when will Rudy Gobert make that first all-star appearance?

The west is very deep. Demarcus Cousins barely made it after putting up solid numbers for 5 years. Well as some people think the Frenchman will be better than Tim Duncan when will Rudy Gobert make that first all-star appearance?

Rudy is going to be great, but better than Tim Duncan? I LOVE Rudy, but BETTER than arguably the best PF/C to play the game? I hope that Rudy becomes all-nba first team for a number of years, makes 3-5 all star games and helps us win a championship, but some people are drinking the kool-aid if they think he'll be better than Duncan.

My vote is for 2 years from now. He'll be our starting C next year and get really good numbers, but yeah Cousins took a number of years to make it largely due to the fact that the Kings suck. The Jazz won't be a playoff team for a couple of years, that's why I would think that it would take fewer years for Gobert to make the team than what it took Cousins to make it.

Stats get you in the All-Star game usually. Being a great defensive player will get you in only if you are on one of the best teams.

Stats get you in the All-Star game usually. Being a great defensive player will get you in only if you are on one of the best teams.

Dikembe Mutombo made the all-star team 8 times and his stats are similar to what I could see Rudy's being. Rudy may or may not average 4 blocks a game like Dikembe did, but a stat line like 15ppg, 12 reb, and 3 blocks a game did it for Mt. Mutombo 8 times.

This year. He will descend down upon The Barclays Center via the top of the arena, land on center court while the game is being played, crush all the basketball with his bare hands and then vanish in an instant.

Depends on if we re-sign Kanter tbh.

If we do, his minutes will continue to be somewhat limited. If Kanter is gone he could start averaging better stats more consistently.

Rudy is going to be great, but better than Tim Duncan? I LOVE Rudy, but BETTER than arguably the best PF/C to play the game? I hope that Rudy becomes all-nba first team for a number of years, makes 3-5 all star games and helps us win a championship, but some people are drinking the kool-aid if they think he'll be better than Duncan.
Well, Duncan will be retiring fairly soon so that shouldn't be a factor. Like Cy said (and I hate to agree with Cy), stats get you into the game. And it is usually offensive stats. #1) Rudy needs to start; #2) As you said, 15/12 would start getting him noticed; #3) Jazz need to be a winning team; #4) Rudy probably has to be named as an injury replacement.

I think Rudy will make his first all-star appearance the year he is fist selected to the all-star team, whether as a fan vote, a coach pick, or an injury replacement.

Book it!

Not until we finish first in the Division will this happen. Also as long as he doesn't gain too much, he can move fast like he does because of his current weight. Close the following year after next. Finally gets in the year after that after being overlooked and he goes on a triple double that includes blocks.

Last edited: