What's new

Where are they now? : Mark Eaton

Shaggy

[video]https://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/video/nba/2011/06/29/wherearetheynow_mark_eaton.SportsIllustrated/?sct=nba_bf2_a8

Good feature - thanks for posting. He was the grand marshall of the Park City 4th of July Parade this year - riding in the back of a convertible. Was cool to see him - I didn't take a photo.

1st most asked question: How tall are you?

2nd most asked question: How big is your johnson?

Seemed real happy with his post-NBA life; very laid back. Ain't gonna let small crap like people's comments bother him; very cool!

I was a valet/bellman at a very upscale hotel at a resort in Utah for a couple years, about 7-8 years ago. I met Jimmy Carter, Steve Young, Willie Mays and countless other NFL and NBA players.......and Mark Eaton. Dude was as big a prick as I've come across. Fully entitled and self absorbed.

Carter (talked to me at the bell desk for 10 mins about sports at 11:30pm.....secret service in tow) was as nice as they come along with Mays and Young though.

I've seen Eaton several times since he retired, always at an event at some time. Saw him drop a pen once. Took what seemed to be thirty seconds to bend down and pick it up.

It is a bit odd to see a guy 2 feet taller than you.

Carter (talked to me at the bell desk for 10 mins about sports at 11:30pm.....secret service in tow) was as nice as they come along with Mays and Young though.

Truly a good human being. Even remembers people's names if you meet him multiple times.

I was a valet/bellman at a very upscale hotel at a resort in Utah for a couple years, about 7-8 years ago. I met Jimmy Carter, Steve Young, Willie Mays and countless other NFL and NBA players.......and Mark Eaton. Dude was as big a prick as I've come across. Fully entitled and self absorbed.

Only one of the celebs you mentioned is absolutely unable to ever go into a public environment without getting noticed by everybody and stared at by almost everybody. It would get seriously old, I'm sure. I've seen Eaton in public several times and I'm very impressed with the way he handles himself. Class act.

I had a chance to sit next to Mark Eaton about 18 years ago when the Mickey Thompson offroad circut came to SLC. He was extremely nice and fun to talk with. I think with any celeb, you meet them on the wrong day, you're always gonna think they're a dick. You meet them on the right day, you have a good opinion of them forever. As with everything, reality is probably somewhere in the middle.

And for what it's worth, if Big Mark hadn't have had the back problems that ended his career early, 96-97 and 97-98 are back-to-back World Titles for the Utah Jazz. Just sayin.......

Only one of the celebs you mentioned is absolutely unable to ever go into a public environment without getting noticed by everybody and stared at by almost everybody. It would get seriously old, I'm sure. I've seen Eaton in public several times and I'm very impressed with the way he handles himself. Class act.

That's fair, I mean Jimmy Carter was only the leader of the free world and is surrounded by secret service wherever he goes. I'll be busy ****ing myself then.....

I've ran into Eaton several times and each time he was a class act. He's always been nice and willing to sign autographs for me. Great guy IMO.

That's fair, I mean Jimmy Carter was only the leader of the free world and is surrounded by secret service wherever he goes. I'll be busy ****ing myself then.....
Carter can ditch the secret service if he likes. If he never puts on a hat and sunglasses so that he can go out into public without being noticed that's his own choice. Eaton can never walk away from 7' 4". Even when people don't have any idea who he is they are all staring at him.