What's new

Where do electric unicycles fit on douche bag scale?

Duck Rodgers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_-um9BU8Q4

I took one for a spin yesterday and they were actually pretty fun.....I was kind of surprised you don't see them around more. They seem to be anywhere from $400-$1200 so maybe that's a bit prohibitive. I don't think I would buy one just because it would probably be something I used sparingly like my bike, but I bet if you set up shop specializing in the lower priced models in a mall here or something where you could let people test them you could have a nice little business for a couple years at least.

Seriously though, these look like something I'd bust my *** on. But as far as the doughiness scale is concerned, I'd probably give them about a 6. That similar product designed by whatshisname that is in the movie The Internship though. That would get a 9 minimally. Probably a 10.

Seriously though, these look like something I'd bust my *** on. But as far as the doughiness scale is concerned, I'd probably give them about a 6. That similar product designed by whatshisname that is in the movie The Internship though. That would get a 9 minimally. Probably a 10.

Never seen that movie, but the Segway was/is definitely like a 15. I think all the unsold inventory of those ended up in Venice Beach.

Do you ever see the electric unicycles in Jersey/NYC? I've only seen 2 here, which is why I asked the guy if I could ride his yesterday. Los Angeles....a little more by the beach, but still not many.

Yay!!! Let's get lazier as a society.

Can't happen.

X4G0QeVjAD.jpg

So in planning our move to Germany I have considered getting a segway to go back and forth to the train stop to get to work everyday. It isn't terribly far, but far enough to be a bit of a chore, and there is actually a spot there to lock up bikes and I saw a segway locked up there that made me think about it. Now after finding that picture, I think I will just walk, or get a bike.

So in planning our move to Germany I have considered getting a segway to go back and forth to the train stop to get to work everyday. It isn't terribly far, but far enough to be a bit of a chore, and there is actually a spot there to lock up bikes and I saw a segway locked up there that made me think about it. Now after finding that picture, I think I will just walk, or get a bike.

Yes, please do not get the Segway. That's the douchery of which I was thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_-um9BU8Q4

I took one for a spin yesterday and they were actually pretty fun.....I was kind of surprised you don't see them around more. They seem to be anywhere from $400-$1200 so maybe that's a bit prohibitive. I don't think I would buy one just because it would probably be something I used sparingly like my bike, but I bet if you set up shop specializing in the lower priced models in a mall here or something where you could let people test them you could have a nice little business for a couple years at least.

I would face plant on that thing so much. I never did learn to skate or roller-blade or any of that crap. I can see myself getting tore up pretty good on this thing. I would still like to try it. I liked how you can take it on the train with you so easily.

Would Kicky use one? If the answer is yes, it fits on the douche scale. If the answer is no, then it probably doesn't.

They are about $500 on amazon.