What's new

Where do you get your political info?

Beer

I generally listen to podcasts and youtube guys. I do my best to listen to both right and left but probably lean more left. I don't trust Fox, or CNN, or MSNBC as far as I can throw them so I don't even bother. So @fishonjazz @Gameface @The Thriller @LogGrad98 and anyone else. Who should I be watching or listening to to try and gain as much of an unbiased opinion, as much as possible at least.

I like a few guys.

Kyle Kulinski https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCldfgbzNILYZA4dmDt4Cd6A - Probably the person I align with the most. He's a lefty for sure but he hates the the Democratic establishment almost as much as he hates the Trumpers. Seems to feel like they are all full of ****, just like I do. He does almost seem to be a fan of AOC which is a huge strike against him imo.

David Pakman https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvixJtaXuNdMPUGdOPcY8Ag - He is pretty far left. One of those "Well in an ideal world" types. Was praising Hawaii for shutting everything down for months even though anyone with any common sense knows that eventually they would have to face the COVID reckoning. He's very left but isn't super aggressive.

Sam Harris https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNAxrHudMfdzNi6NxruKPLw - He relies on data almost too much but I think that is ok. Takes emotion out of everything. Hates Trump so so much but also thinks the BLM is kind of a farce. Not sure where I stand on him.

Ben Shapiro https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnQC_G5Xsjhp9fEJKuIcrSw - Far right. Don't agree with almost anything he says but occasionally he'll hit a nerve for me. Not a fan at all. His arguments are disingenuous at best, and delusional at worst.

Steven Crowder https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIveFvW-ARp_B_RckhweNJw - He is a dumbass far right moron *******. But I'll watch him just out of principle.

So who else should I be watching or listening to to get an informed opnion?

I got nothing. I don't follow politics much. Only person in politics I know very much about is trump because he is constant.

I usually just go to Yahoo and look at headlines and read the ones that jump out at me tbh. Other than that it's just jazzfanz and Facebook.

I try to have less politics in my life rather than more. Honestly I have been trying to cut out Facebook, jazzfanz, and yahoo so I can get to the point of zero politics in my life. It's hard though cause it gets addicting even though I don't like it and know it's not good for me.

One of the main reasons I want trump out if office is because I think that there will generally be less politics out there in media. And I think that's a good thing.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

3 right-wingers and 2 left-wingers.

I'm a reader. Headlines from Yahoo!, and then I usually read stuff at (on the right) Ed Feser (philosophy) and the DiploMad (politics), and from the left Victor Repport (philosophy) and Freethought Blogs (many topics).

3 right-wingers and 2 left-wingers.

I'm a reader. Headlines from Yahoo!, and then I usually read stuff at (on the right) Ed Feser (philosophy) and the DiploMad (politics), and from the left Victor Repport (philosophy) and Freethought Blogs (many topics).

It's just harder for me to read a ton as I'm doing listening while I'm working.

I get a lot of info from NPR, listen on my way to and home from work, half hour or so each way. Then I just google around what interests me and read whatever I can find, and I try to mix it up. Watch headlines as well, like on Yahoo, MSN, CNN, whatever, and I read a lot of European mags, mostly in German, especially Spiegel and Wirtschaftswoche, sometimes Focus and a few others, always just articles here and there. It is interesting to get the Euro opinion on happenings here, but it sure seems no one, outside of our own republicans, like Trump.

I generally listen to podcasts and youtube guys. I do my best to listen to both right and left but probably lean more left. I don't trust Fox, or CNN, or MSNBC as far as I can throw them so I don't even bother. So @fishonjazz @Gameface @The Thriller @LogGrad98 and anyone else. Who should I be watching or listening to to try and gain as much of an unbiased opinion, as much as possible at least.

I like a few guys.

Kyle Kulinski https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCldfgbzNILYZA4dmDt4Cd6A - Probably the person I align with the most. He's a lefty for sure but he hates the the Democratic establishment almost as much as he hates the Trumpers. Seems to feel like they are all full of ****, just like I do. He does almost seem to be a fan of AOC which is a huge strike against him imo.

David Pakman https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvixJtaXuNdMPUGdOPcY8Ag - He is pretty far left. One of those "Well in an ideal world" types. Was praising Hawaii for shutting everything down for months even though anyone with any common sense knows that eventually they would have to face the COVID reckoning. He's very left but isn't super aggressive.

Sam Harris https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNAxrHudMfdzNi6NxruKPLw - He relies on data almost too much but I think that is ok. Takes emotion out of everything. Hates Trump so so much but also thinks the BLM is kind of a farce. Not sure where I stand on him.

Ben Shapiro https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnQC_G5Xsjhp9fEJKuIcrSw - Far right. Don't agree with almost anything he says but occasionally he'll hit a nerve for me. Not a fan at all. His arguments are disingenuous at best, and delusional at worst.

Steven Crowder https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIveFvW-ARp_B_RckhweNJw - He is a dumbass far right moron *******. But I'll watch him just out of principle.

I enjoy the Fifth Column News (https://thefifthcolumnnews.com/) especially their headliner, known as Beau of the Fifth Column.

I always try to go to the primary source for news - either long form interviews or documents, reports, etc.

Two sites I like are Factcheck.org and Propublica.com. Both are non-profit investigative entities.

For opinion:

On the right:
George Will - he's getting up there, he doesn't put out as much content as he used to and I don't agree with a lot of what he has to say but it's important to have an actual authentic conservative with a voice - not just people who fall in line with whatever "republican" happens to be in charge.

David Frum - yeah, he was a major influencer in bringing us the biggest foreign policy **** up in American history, but unlike a lot of the others I think he actually believed what he was saying. That aside, he's a smart guy that strikes me as sincere.

Ben Shapiro - Not so much for opinion - I will say I've enjoyed several of his "Sunday Special" talk shows that are not politically oriented. The talent and intelligence is apparent - but overall he's a hack. As Joe Rogan said he's a "smart, smart guy with some noticeable blind spots" I think Shapiro is truly incapable of understanding anyone's point of view other his own - which renders him pretty much useless for any purposes other than confirmation bias.

Nick Di Paolo - Kind of just listen to him for shock value - Says a lot of really, really irresponsible ****. But he's actually funny at times too. Definitely not for people that are easily triggered.

Left

Sam Harris - probably identify with his politics the most. I wish I was as smart at him.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar - a lot of people have a lot of gripes about him and some are legit, but I think he's brilliant. He also played basketball.

Professor Richard Wolff - Marxist economist. I don't believe in all his solutions but he truly understands the grave dangers associated with what has become our brand of capitalism in the last 15 years.

Andrew Yang - should be POTUS someday.

I typically read the AP as I believe they are the most objective news reporters. Very little interpreting of the news, just laying out the story. Then random articles on the internet to make sure I have an idea of the main stories, as well as local news. But I agree with Fish - I need less politics in my day as it does not improve my life. One of the reasons I hope Biden wins is that I think there will not be president news/controversies every single day.

Last edited:
I read CNN, KSL and Yahoo. I listen to Howard Stern 90% of the time in my car (don't look to him for my political views but basically think the way he does.)

I watch Rogan on YouTube and his guests, but I'm not into politics really.

It's hilarious how team Edward/Jacob dudes on this site are like @Thriller @Zombie @One Brow and Cye are. I'm so alt right. I just wonder if you guys will be honest about what you read, you SIMPs.

I’m a reader.

ProPublica

The Intercept

Harpers

the Atlantic

browse through NYT, Washington Post, LA Times, yahoo news headlines

J to the F to the mother****in C

Freethoughtblogs is a very left-wing site, for the most part.

I read other stuff that does not take political postions (Orac, Station 8, Snopes, Susan Polgar, etc.), so I didn't mention it.

At least you're honest about it.

I, 100%, don't read any right wing site unless a link takes me there (maybe once a month.)

To me, that's propaganda af. Hacks call me alt right because they're sheepletons. 100%.

**** the alt right.

You guys are funny.

@Zombie oh, no - you can't forgive me for the second time of posting a tweet from an unknown person, you judgeme
I’m a reader.

ProPublica

The Intercept

Harpers

the Atlantic

browse through NYT, Washington Post, LA Times, yahoo news headlines

J to the F to the mother****in C
You get your panties in a wad by me. :)

Love it.

Wow I guess I really got under Archie's skin with that one, four separate post mentions across two threads bitching about it lmao

What's that phrase? A hit dog will holler?

Last edited:

I, 100%, don't read any right wing site unless a link takes me there (maybe once a month.)

To me, that's propaganda af. Hacks call me alt right because they're sheepletons. 100%.

**** the alt right.

You guys are funny.

@Zombie oh, no - you can't forgive me for the second time of posting a tweet from an unknown person, you judgeme

Love it.
Wut?

I don’t care what you put in your brain. Our problems stem by what comes out of it.

**** the alt right.

You guys are funny.

Love it.

I do agree there are a few here that are completely incapable of looking at an argument from a perspective that might be a bit different than their own. Which is a shame.