What's new

Where is that pit bull thread when I need it?

I doubt it. I've been down here for almost a year and the only person to take me up on the offer is Archibald Moses, and he's come down twice. The rest of ya'll can suck it.

Don't hate me because the sun melts my eyes...

Girl, please. Fishing a spinner is often harder than using a fly rod. Keep your eyes peeled at DI, garage sales, and ksl classifieds for old used rod/reel sets. You can get an adequate combo for under twenty bucks if you're even semi diligent. Trust me when I tell you that once you catch one on the fly, you'll be hard pressed to ever throw another spinner. Hell, if you come down here I will give you a rod and reel, a case to put it in, a fly box, and I'll tie you up a few dozen flies to get you started. And because I'm awesome, I'll even give you a free guided day at Sand Hollow where I can pretty much guarantee you'll catch the biggest bass of your life, and lots of 'em.

Trout is all 'bout dat bass.

I doubt it. I've been down here for almost a year and the only person to take me up on the offer is Archibald Moses, and he's come down twice. The rest of ya'll can suck it.

Hey when are you coming to fish for monster cutthroat in Pyramid with me?

I saw this pit at the fair.

BootzillaBackVault-1024x942.jpg

FBshareUtahStateFair.jpg

That pit is obviously being trained as an AAD....aerial assault dog.

Finally they get it right. If more cases end up like this we may see a shift in the way owners watch these dogs.

https://news.yahoo.com/dog-owner-faces-15-life-pit-bull-mauling-073849344.html

LANCASTER, Calif. (AP) — The morning walk that would be the last of Pamela Devitt's life was more than just a routine stroll. It was part of the retiree's effort to keep fit for her golden years with a young grandson.

The fitness regimen and the plan to move out of state with her husband to be closer to their son's family ended tragically when four pit bulls attacked, biting her more than 150 times. On Friday, the dogs' owner saw his future plans evaporate when he was sentenced in Los Angeles County Superior Court to 15 years to life in prison.

The rare second-degree murder conviction in a dog mauling had come because Alex Jackson repeatedly ignored complaints about his dogs from horseback riders, neighbors and a postman. Prosecutors said he was well aware of the danger they posed and did nothing about it.

More sentences like this when a dog mauls or kills someone would certainly help the control issue imo.

I like pit bulls because I raised one from birth to death. He was the coolest sweetest dog ever, but I understand why people are afraid of them. It's too bad that they are falling into the hands of dumb irresponsible people. I don't think anyone's dog should be wandering around freely. I like to go for runs through the neighborhood, and frequently people leave their dogs to be hanging out in there front yards on no leash. Often times the dog aggressively barks and charges at ya. The owner may know or think the dog is harmless, but the passer by doesn't. It's extremely annoying.

Maybe it's time dog owners have to start getting permits for dogs that require special training and background checking. Also require certain things, like a fence, owners identifying chips, etc.. It's stupid, but how else are we gonna try to stop stupid people from owning dogs and turning them into monsters?

Family's pit bull kills their 2 year old child.

https://www.cbs46.com/story/22066382/toddler-dies-after-pit-bull-attack

The attack happened on Sierra Trail in the Wexford subdivision Wednesday afternoon. Neighbors who tried to help the boy's mother in the moments after the attack described the scene inside the home.

"It was like a horror movie. It was like something I've never seen before," said one woman who asked to remain anonymous. "We're traumatized. The images are still in our minds. I can still see the baby."

Fulton County police said the boy's mother went to the bathroom and returned to find her child dead.

Police said the family had the dog for eight years.

Every pit bull owner I've ever met says their pit bull is different, that it's all about the owner. If the dog has a good owner, the dog will be good - if the dog is bad, it's the owner's fault. I guarantee if the owner in this case would have been asked a few days ago, they would have repeated the same old **** - said their dog wouldn't hurt anybody, that they are good owners, had the dog 8 years and he hasn't done anything, etc, blah, blah, blah. Tragic.

Family's pit bull kills their 2 year old child.

https://www.cbs46.com/story/22066382/toddler-dies-after-pit-bull-attack

Every pit bull owner I've ever met says their pit bull is different, that it's all about the owner. If the dog has a good owner, the dog will be good - if the dog is bad, it's the owner's fault. I guarantee if the owner in this case would have been asked a few days ago, they would have repeated the same old **** - said their dog wouldn't hurt anybody, that they are good owners, had the dog 8 years and he hasn't done anything, etc, blah, blah, blah. Tragic.
I'm about as big a dog lover as there is and I have seen really nice gentle pit bulls that I would never expect something like this from, I have friends that have pit bulls and they are great pets........
But I agree with you. Pit bulls are just different from other dogs. They are more dangerous and unpredictable imo
You just never know with them.
Owners definitely play a role but it seems with pits there are alot of stories about pit bulls that were the nicest dogs for years and then just snapped.

Yes other breeds have the same problem but not at the same rate as pit bulls.
Having a pit bull is like having a loaded gun in the house. Maybe that gun never goes off and never hurts anyone but just having it increases the chances of death or injury

Can someone outline for me why dogs aren't compared guns where banning is concerned?

Can someone outline for me why dogs aren't compared guns where banning is concerned?
There have been alot of talk of banning pit bulls iirc.

Also there is a HUGE difference between guns and dogs in general.

The purpose of a guns existence is to kill.

Dogs have many purposes

Dogs have many purposes

Killing is a broad statement. Get more granular; protecting your life, family, belongings from all sources, domestic and foreign. Hunting for meat when allowed. Collecting has to be in there as well. Fixing/Building guns and gun accessories has to be a billion dollar industry.

Dogs can provide defense to a degree as well, assist in hunting(duck hunting), and you can collect/breed dogs for a source of income and fun(it's always great). Dogs however also provide a sense of companionship, which guns will never do(unless you're looking at mental disorders; and there you shouldn't own a gun). There may be more, but I'm not thinking of it right now.

In this situation, the article doesn't say it out of respect... but it seems they believe the mother left the child alone with the dog. Whether that's alone with a dog or a gun, that child could still end up dead very quickly, and very easily.

That's where my mind went.

Dogs have many purposes

There are several dog breeds whose main purpose was to kill.

I really want to stay out of it, but a .50 cal sniper rifle is designed to disable vehicles and other equipment.

Navy "guns" are designed to sink/disable other ships.

In order to get mooring lines to the shore the navy uses a gun that fires essentially a tennis ball with a light string attached.

Starter pistols are guns.

I really want to stay out of it, but a .50 cal sniper rifle is designed to disable vehicles and other equipment.

Navy "guns" are designed to sink/disable other ships.

In order to get mooring lines to the shore the navy uses a gun that fires essentially a tennis ball with a light string attached.

Starter pistols are guns.

This.

Comparing dogs to guns is:

mluc2.jpg

Reeeeeetarded!

Anybody care to guess what breed of dog the people who just moved next door to me have?

Want to know how excited I am about having a pit bull next door?

Anybody care to guess what breed of dog the people who just moved next door to me have?

Want to know how excited I am about having a pit bull next door?

1st question: i submit my guess to be a poodle. what do i win if correct?

2nd question: no, sry, not interested in ur level of excitement. maybe u can go talk bout it in da mod forum.

Guy I work with has two pit bulls. When he told me I said I don't really like pit bulls because I don't feel like I can trust them. He was a little butt hurt and went on with the old line that it's all about the owners. I was like, ok cool. But then a few weeks later he's talking about having his dogs at the dog park and how when other dogs try to play with his pits his pits get pretty mean with them and he thought it was badass that his dogs kicked the other dogs ***. And when the other owners would say something he'd tell them that it was their dogs fault and that they should control their dogs before their dogs got hurt by his dogs.

So yeah, it's all about the owners... And I wouldn't spend a second in the same room as his dogs.