What's new

Where is the Merry Christmas thread?

Rubashov

2019 Award Winner
So you bunch of tramps and neerdowell's, We have no Merry Christmas thread!! As an atheist I think its appropriate that I start one!

How did you spend your day?

I had a very brief lunch with my family (which was a great idea cause I could leave after an hour) then went to work to run my shift.

After work i went a couple of blocks down the road and had some beers with an old mate in park

Just got home now cooking some snags which I will devour before boxing day which I will spend inhaling beers with friends.

Merry Christmas all.

What have you naughty scamps been up too?

I got a survival shovel to put in my 4runner that has all kinds of crap built into the handle attachments. Things like a saw, firestarter, fish degorger, knife, ice breaker, whistle, wire cutter, hammer, ax, etc. sliced my finger open pretty bad with the knife. So far not helping me survive as much as helping me need stitches lol. Didn’t even know i was cut until i saw blood on my new shirt i got for Christmas. Good knife apparently.
My daughter is the best. Couldnt have gone any better. She was so happy and nice and excited. Perfect Christmas morning.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

I got a survival shovel to put in my 4runner that has all kinds of crap built into the handle attachments. Things like a saw, firestarter, fish degorger, knife, ice breaker, whistle, wire cutter, hammer, ax, etc. sliced my finger open pretty bad with the knife. So far not helping me survive as much as helping me need stitches lol. Didn’t even know i was cut until i saw blood on my new shirt i got for Christmas. Good knife apparently.
My daughter is the best. Couldnt have gone any better. She was so happy and nice and excited. Perfect Christmas morning.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
She was excited that you cut yourself?

Clever girl.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals.

A few things:

- What’s it like being in the southern hemisphere with all media and common conceptions of Christmas being winter? Does local culture provide enough alternative to negate that perception?

- Wife and I don’t really get each other big stuff. Going to be taking a couple big vacations in the next couple months so told my wife to hold off on me entirely. However, I did come up with something I wanted to get, but won’t come for Christmas so I’ll count it as a birthday gift. I’m not a jersey guy and so I could t wear any jersey unless it was ironically. I thought I should get a customized mountain jersey of Rony Seikaly. The question became what number he would wear. He historically was #4, which he couldn’t wear in Utah. I did find this (no way I’m buying it, though):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363666449204

So I also wouldn’t do it as number 2 because nobody would get the reference (though it’s not like many would get the reference anyway) and people would confuse it with an Ingles jersey. I think I’m just going to go with 98, though, as, to me, that makes the most sense.