What's new

Where will Trey Burke End Up

I get that but he was on a good pace prior to being yanked from regular rotation minutes. If he isn't part of the future we should have found an upgrade in FA. It was before the Exum injury and I get that, but if we were going to pull Burke out early then address that in FA.

Remember Neto was not brought in to be the primary backup... he was supposed to be D League development. The wishy washyness was confusing.

Anyway the difference in value is negligible I guess. He just gets more hate than he deserves.
Neto outplayed Burke. No wishy washyness, earn the freaking minutes or sit your *** down. He didn't earn it. He gets exactly as much hate as he deserves. He was a high draft pick that is now officially a complete bust. He lost his job handily to a rookie and a 3rd stringer from another team.

Trey will be bought out this summer. If he is smart, he will go sign with an uptempo team, say NY, where he can come off the bench, be a heat check guy. If he signs with the right system/coach, say Horny, he will play another 5-10 years as a backup PG. If he doesn't go to the right system, he will disappear in the night.

He would be a horrible fit on an uptempo team. He doesn't play fast, he doesn't move fast. That's just a horrible fit for him, actually most offenses are a horrible fit for him. I could make the argument the Jazz system is a perfect fit for him. He's just not any good so it doesn't matter.

Wherever he ends up I wish him good luck. He has been mistreated lately by the Jazz organization.

Another player that will go without anything in exchange.

How exactly has he been mistreated? He got outplayed by his teammates for the spot, therefore he lost his role with the team. Not the teams fault, the only fault they hold in this is drafting the bum.

Good info. So when he was at his best as a facilitator he was still below average (for a starting pt guard) at it and he also shot his worst efficiency wise and was still bad defensively.

The point is that burke sucks in the nba. He always has. Everyone in the league knows it. Which is why we can't give the dude away.

Not only that but did so on a PG oriented offense that ran the offense through him. Those #'s are not even good for a PG in that system.

Obvious Trey slept with Gregs girl, mom, or someone he loves. Talk about a grudge.
What grudge. I saw this thread late and was responding to posts one at a time. I won't lie though, I don't like him, he's a horrible player for this team. I wanted Trey Burke in that draft, He just sucks and I'm sick of people on here blaming the Jazz for his lack of talent.

no one is going give you a first round because everyone knows you don't want him, So they can just wait and not waste a pick. Jazz has shown they hands in Trey and it decreases his trade value. Saying no one wants him shows lack of bball iq by some around here. They just not going give you a first roubnd pick for someone you want to get rid of so bad.. Combine this with giving a lotto pick to a guy who averaged 12 and 6 shows the Jazz F.O. Is not what it used to be.

van-by-the-river-pic.jpg

One of the funniest post without a comment.

I swear that you have to be watching a different team than I am. Burke was given shot after shot. He failed to deliver.

He was 50/40/90 in the preseason when Neto couldn't hit the ocean yet Neto got the start. Even when those numbers carried over to the regular season and Neto played poorly Trey still came off the bench.

He was 50/40/90 in the preseason when Neto couldn't hit the ocean yet Neto got the start. Even when those numbers carried over to the regular season and Neto played poorly Trey still came off the bench.
He was given a clearly defined role. He fit better coming off the bench, and he was finishing games which is way more important than starting. After initially doing well in this role he reverted more and more and more to the player we've become accustomed to. I had high hopes for the guy but it definitely has not worked out. Oh well, next.

Neto outplayed Burke. No wishy washyness, earn the freaking minutes or sit your *** down. He didn't earn it. He gets exactly as much hate as he deserves. He was a high draft pick that is now officially a complete bust. He lost his job handily to a rookie and a 3rd stringer from another team.

He really didn't. Look at the splits between the players. Burke had clearly improved from the following year. We decided in the offseason we weren't going to bring in a vet to help and would use Burke as the backup. He showed improvement yet we still gave up on him. He did not complain but was frustrated and checked out a bit.

Look he isn't good but Neto was and is very limited on offense. He shoots wide open threes which is why he shoots a good percentage. Burke shoots more contested shots and played more in bench units that included d league talent... So yeah he chucked but what else was he supposed to do.

It isn't his fault we took him that high. He's a bust but he's still an NBA player. He tried hard and we are overly critical of him. He will be a backup pg in the league and there is no way we will have to buy him out. Someone will want him when the limited pg market dries up.

Just an FYI I do think Neto is the keeper but he didn't outplay Burke. He's an okay defender but over rated by many on that end because he gets a rip here and there. I think he's the perfect third pg, but is too limited to be much more than a backup... Which is a role he seems happy with.

He was given a clearly defined role. He fit better coming off the bench, and he was finishing games which is way more important than starting. After initially doing well in this role he reverted more and more and more to the player we've become accustomed to. I had high hopes for the guy but it definitely has not worked out. Oh well, next.

I think it's clear he was given a define role. My point is that role doesn't fit his talents. And for a stretch he excelled at that role anyways. Snyder doesn't like his defense(which is completely fair) and he got into Quin's dog house and I feel it had a negative effect on his play. That and losing the only other scoring threat he play in the 2nd unit with.

People here don't like Burke and so everything he does is over scrutinized. When adjusted for half court heaves Burke shooting % is really close to Rodney Hood with 3 less attempts per game and nobody is killing Rodney Hood for shooting too much or not getting others involved.

Neto will stick, and it's clear that Trey Burke will be gone. I'm assuming the Jazz will trade him after free agency begins. It's a very weak class of PGs this year, and I still think some team will think he fits their team better than he did with the Jazz.

I'm expecting one of three things.

A.) Trade him for a future pick (2nd or something with protections.)

B.) Trade him for somebody else's bust strait up. Swap player for player with similar salaries.

C.) Trade him and Pleiss for a high salary guy on a 2/3 year contract (cap dump for 2017.) Both Burke and Pleiss are not guaranteed for 2017.

Burke is an NBA player... we should have kept him in the rotation. Could have been a mildly intriguing asset. Now will be a salary dump. We will not buy him out.

agreed, his lack of apparent value is almost entirely related to the way he was handled ie the DNPCDs and the up and down nature of his role. in a different situation, his value wouldnt have plummeted nearly as much.

He improved year over year and we still jerked his minutes around.

Lol. You guys are high. Trey's lack of value comes from his body of work. NBA teams are very aware of who Trey is as a player.

Utah's only mistake with Trey is not moving him a year or two ago.

Last edited:
He's just overmatched. He busts his *** trying but don't have the natural quicks and strength to get to the rim. His 3 pt shot became passable last year, so that at least makes him tradable for some higher end scraps compared to bottom of the barrel scraps.

no one is going give you a first round because everyone knows you don't want him, So they can just wait and not waste a pick. Jazz has shown they hands in Trey and it decreases his trade value. Saying no one wants him shows lack of bball iq by some around here. They just not going give you a first roubnd pick for someone you want to get rid of so bad.. Combine this with giving a lotto pick to a guy who averaged 12 and 6 shows the Jazz F.O. Is not what it used to be.

Yeah, this is a crock. If any team wanted him, they would pay a fair price so that they didn't lose him to someone else. Trade value comes from competition from more than one team interested. The way you describe it, it sounds like you think there is only one team interested and they know nobody else wants him. Who is this mystery team that values Trey so highly and knows they aren't bidding against anyone else?

Yeah, this is a crock. If any team wanted him, they would pay a fair price so that they didn't lose him to someone else. Trade value comes from competition from more than one team interested. The way you describe it, it sounds like you think there is only one team interested and they know nobody else wants him. Who is this mystery team that values Trey so highly and knows they aren't bidding against anyone else?

This post is just conjuncture like all post pertaining to potential trades. We have don't know what DL is asking for or what other teams are willing to trade.