What's new

Where's Millsap?

juds101

Man this game was aweful!! Dwill and Big AL brought it tonight. Millsap a no-show. Can someone please tell me why Bell played 34 minutes to Miles 26. Im starting to think the new rotation is; start Dwill Miles AK Millsap Jefferson then Watson and Evans off the bench and thats it!

Man I just hope KOC is working them phones!!!

Post more like this.

And to attempt to answer the question, I couldn't tell you. But moving the ball around wasn't yielding results as good as funneling every possession to Al or Deron and Millsap doesn't impose if he doesn't have to. You could consider it a flaw or a strength.

NUMBERICA, I agree completely and would rep you if it would let me. I mentioned in the chat that blackhole postups to Jefferson are soooo not-Jazz basketball, but Al seems to need 2-3 of those to start games so he gets into the flow. He can't score when you ask him to think with the basketball.

Can someone please tell me why Bell played 34 minutes to Miles 26.
Why did AK start again in place of CJ? Why did AK get put back into the game with 5 min to play in the 4th? Why did Hayward only play 30 seconds at the end of the half?
My Starting Lineup: Deron, Hayward, CJ, Millsap, Al; Bench: Watson, Bell, Kirilenko, Evans, Elson. It would allow both units to play Jazz basketball and get more transition opportunities. I wouldn't play Okur until his mobility improves-even for Memo he's woefully immobile and his pick-and-roll defense is killing the 2nd-unit.

Last edited:
Not to make excuses for the guy but his thumb was hurt last game, enough for them to take an x-ray, but it was just a severe bruise and was listed as a game-time decision tonight...

Millsap just doesn't cut it as a starter.

He was the best backup PF in the league outclassing other backups, but a starter on a contending team he is not.

Another miscalculation by the Jazz.

I still don't like cj, but i'll still take him over raja and ak anyday. I think we should package cj and someone else for rip.

He was the best backup PF in the league outclassing other backups, but a starter on a contending team he is not.

Agreed Man Imagine how good Big Al would be at powerforward against people his size.

You put it perfectly. Great off the bench but not a starter! I think we package him and Hayward and get Granger (even if we have to take back James Poseys last year)

Our commander in chief...

it's all the players fault.

I have supported Sloan on most things, but this love affair with Bell has to stop. As we all know he gives us nothing on offense and his defense is overrated. he is still good for about 15 minutes, but AK, CJ, and Hayward need to get most of the wing minutes. Well the good thing is if there is a lockout next year and if his 3rd year is not guaranteed this could be the last season for him.

Agreed Man Imagine how good Big Al would be at powerforward against people his size.

We know what Jefferson can do when hes at the 4. Just look at his days in Boston. 20 and 10 with 2 blocks. Plus hes 2 inches taller then Millsap. I want Granger for Millsap and Murphy and Morrows for AK. Murphy would allow Jefferson to show us why hes the best bigman with the best post game in the league. So hear so much about. And with the additions of Granger and Morrows. Then entire team can sit out on the 3 and open the lane up for dwill and big AL.

Totally agree anything over 20 minutes is way too much for Bell!! Lets continue to Develope Miles and Hayward, or maybe even Evans.

he was in an extended funk a couple of years ago after the double-double streak, right? didn't we find out later that he was hurt?

This is actually a concern too. There is the extended funk after a solid run and mystery ailments. Maybe he just cannot sustain long term.

Our front court plays out of position because thats the way Sloan wants it. That way, he does not have to coach...he can just blame and their lack of energy as opposed to the reality of the position...trying to guard people bigger than you.

The beginning of the laker game was a prime example of facetious strategy.