What's new

Which Jazz broadcast combination do you prefer?

Which annoucing combination do you find the most enjoyable to watch and listen to?

• Boler and Thurl

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Boler, Thurl and Holly

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • Bring Harpring back

Votes: 14 33.3%

• Total voters

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Curious who everyone prefers listening to while watching games.

I don't really listen to Thurl's words but he does give me an ASMR vibe so I guess i like him? I'm not even sure. Even though I am not a fan of Holly so far, I think i'm going to give her a full season before I jump on the hate train. **** Matt and Boler.

Im on the app so if there is a poll i cant see it or participate in it but i like boler and thurl

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Holly has been a bit of a disappointment.

Most of the time l forget she's there.
This is kind. I mostly find Holly an irritant. Not a fan. I see her as another version of Boler, with better B-Ball knowledge (which isn't hard to do with Boler, who has no interest in the game beyond the paycheck, imho). They are both vacuous talking heads with lots of words and nothing of substance.

I am OK with Holly but every other move that has been made with the Jazz broadcasts this year are a downgrade. Alema and Smith are the worst combo we have ever had on TV. Thurl was a lot better with Alema and Harp was better doing the color.

Holly has been a bit of a disappointment.

Most of the time l forget she's there.
She's only there half the time, she has other jobs to work, lol. And I feel like she just has stats written down to blurt out every once in awhile, she doesn't really bring anything to the broadcast team.

I don't dislike Thurl. But at least Harpring could push back on Boler and his bolerisms a little bit. Thurl has been asked to just capitulate and play things 1000% non-confrontationally or -teasingly.

If you want to hear the best way to watch a non-nationally televised jazz game, then click on the play button below:

1639509544061.png

It's mostly background noise for me, so I don't mind Boler and Thurl because they have nice voices and I don't pay too much attention to what they are saying. I don't think the broadcast team has found out how to fit in Holly. Feels like whenever she's on she's reading off facts from a sheet as quickly as she can. Whether she's doing more of the sideline stuff or acting as main commentator it's the same way. Doesn't sound like they're having a conversation together. KK was corny and awkward, but it fit in with Boler and Thurl.

The NBA doesn't have many commentators that add to the excitement to the game, so I'll take the cheesy guys like Boler and Thurl over the broadcast teams that treat a basketball game like their own podcast.

I like all 3.

That said, due to the way I watch Jazz games now often I'll get the opposing broadcasters. And while there are good ones out there...most are so bad that I really appreciate these three.

I don't dislike Thurl. But at least Harpring could push back on Boler and his bolerisms a little bit. Thurl has been asked to just capitulate and play things 1000% non-confrontationally or -teasingly.
And Ron Boone did some of that but it amplified Hot Rod. I think Boone is really smart dude and I like that Locke has opened him up a bit more. Boone is like a perfect Pippen. Thurl doesn't do a lot for me but I think he could have some room to run with someone smart like Holly. I am not sure either will carry a broadcast as the #1 but I'd give it a shot.

I like what Holly is doing. She's high efficiency right now... I need her to expand her usage. I think she's a great talent and can't believe how hard she works... Boler needs a nap after watching her.

With Boler I don't cringe anymore... I'm numb to how little he understands. I try to play a game with it... like how many elbow jumpers can he call a three.... how many times can he say "looks good" as a shot goes up and it doesn't go on. He goes to flame on way too much but its kinda funny when JC is 1/8 and he throws out a flame on.

I could live with a Locke/Boone option. I don't like not watching the games so I go out of my way to make sure I'm not in the car when the game is on, so I don't hear those two very often.