What's new

Which Jazz player has outplayed their draft pick?

Who outplayed their pick?

• Total voters

The Blue Elephant

Which players that we drafted can we say "man, Klay Thompson. He as great of a player as we can imagine with the 11th pick" or something like that. Which players on the Utah Jazz has outplayed their draft pick so far? I understand jury still out on some of them but judge based on trajectory.

You can select as many of the options as you want in the poll, not just one.

To me I think only Rudy Gobert has been that "man he outplayed where he was picked." We couldn't have possibly picked a better player at that pick. He is the best pick since Paul Millsap. Only other one of the "core" young guys is maybe Hayward.

Don't think it is even a question. On this roster this far, it is Rudy. It would be a more interesting poll if it was which Jazz player all-time outplayed their pick position, as then you have Millsap, Boozer, Russell, Gobert, heck even Malone and Stockton are considered draft steals.

Don't think it is even a question. On this roster this far, it is Rudy. It would be a more interesting poll if it was which Jazz player all-time outplayed their pick position, as then you have Millsap, Boozer, Russell, Gobert, heck even Malone and Stockton are considered draft steals.

Ya, what is sad is that he is the only one :(.

I went with hayward as well as gobert just because i think he is a top 3 or four player from that draft and he was picked at 9.

It's a scientific method.

Hayward, Burks, Gobert, and probably even Burke where all better picks than where they were drafted. Just ask yourself in a redraft would they go higher. Answer is yes on those guys based on how the people in their draft have played.

I voted no more polls, but Gobert/Favors/Hayward/Burks

I think all those dudes are better than the average player drafted at the same spot in the draft.

Hayward is (IMO) a top 30 player in the league. He has well-exceeded the 9th pick IMO.

How no one but me has voted Favors is ridiculous. In a year or two he is going to be hitting ice cold late fourth quarter jumpers just as he did tonight, and expanding his inside game even more and continuing his growth with Hayward Burks an improving Exum and Gobert. In my heart of hearts still believe he's our best shot as a #1 option on offense, a d star of our team.

How no one but me has voted Favors is ridiculous. In a year or two he is going to be hitting ice cold late fourth quarter jumpers just as he did tonight, and expanding his inside game even more and continuing his growth with Hayward Burks an improving Exum and Gobert. In my heart of hearts still believe he's our best shot as a #1 option on offense, a d star of our team.
He was the third pick though. This thread asked who exceeded expectations. I expect quite a lot out of a third pick.

He was the third pick though. This thread asked who exceeded expectations. I expect quite a lot out of a third pick.

He's not a finished product by any means. His offensive game is already light years ahead of D12. Some bigs take longer to reach their full potential. Look at Jermaine O'Neal. It took him I think 7 years to turn into a star.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's not a finished product by any means. His offensive game is already light years ahead of D12. Some bigs take longer to reach their full potential. Look at Jermaine O'Neal. It took him I think 7 years to turn into a star.

My point is you can see the potential he is flashing

Dude. Dwight Howard scored 20ppg for a while. He is a career 18.2 ppg scorer. Favors has some good tools, but is not elite.