What's new

Which Los Angeles Team will Blake Griffin end up with?

Which Los Angeles Team will Blake Griffin end up with?

• Los Angeles Lakers

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Los Angeles Clippers

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • The Brooklyn Nets

Votes: 11 50.0%

• Total voters

Joncolton

Blake Griffin, Pistons Expected To Agree To Buyout
MAR 4, 2021 10:59 AM

Griffin_Blake_det_180205.jpg

Blake Griffin and the Detroit Pistons are expected to eventually agree to a contract buyout, sources tell The Athletic.
Griffin was traded by the Los Angeles Clippers to the Pistons in January of 2018 and he was an All-NBA selection in 2019, but his play has slipped of late.
The Pistons are keeping Griffin out of their lineup while looking for a trade, which now appears to be heading to a buyout.
Griffin signed a five-year, $173 million deal with the Clippers in 2017.

He's been worse than Niang the last two seasons. I'm sure he hasnt been very motivated, but his legs are shot. He has like one dunk in the past two seasons I think.

He's a terrible fit with Brooklyn. Too many ball-handlers out there. He isn't the rim threat anymore and he's only a mediocre shooter. If you arent going to put the ball in his hands to playmake, what value does he actually have?

The Clippers, I would think the bridge has been burned.

The Lakers: Makes a lot of sense. They need more playmaking . They arent a team that cares too much about shooting.

I have a feeling he will end up at a lesser team, something like Phoenix (not that I think he will directly end up in Phoenix but a team at that tier, so to speak). I mean he will likely find his way into the Lakers or one of the others in the poll but I have a sneaking suspicion they all know he is washed and he will end up elsewhere.

Frankly he is one of those who should probably just retire. Not much left in the tank.

He would go to the Lakers to get revenge on the Clips.

Just happened. I'd make a phone call for sure. He is either washed or just stopped trying in Detroit because it was a ****** situation. If it was the latter he could provide us with something. The passing and playmaking from a big are the biggest things i think he would add. If he isn't washed it could be an asset.

I'd bet that he is LA bound though. He loved SoCal.

I don't think there's room for him on the Clippers with Ibaka and Morris being there. He can add some size and toughness to the Nets maybe, but he's become a defensive liability at this point, and that's the last thing they need. Lakers have AD, Kuzma and the other Morris. So who knows? TBH, he could fit with the Jazz if he's got anything left in the tank. He can still pass and drive the ball in space.

Last edited:
Jazz do need another player
Give him a chance
Might give Jazz a better chance for ring
He can split time with Favors and both can be rested

Man his numbers the last two years are rough. I think its a combo of being washed and not trying all that hard. I'd probably talk myself into it but it isn't a home run for whoever brings him in.

Man his numbers the last two years are rough. I think its a combo of being washed and not trying all that hard. I'd probably talk myself into it but it isn't a home run for whoever brings him in.
I mean, if he wants to come sign for the minimum you have to do it. The upside is huge compared to little downside.

He's only 31
How can he be worn out already although he put up lots of tough minutes his first ten years
He would have a very good chance of getting ring with Jazz

I mean, if he wants to come sign for the minimum you have to do it. The upside is huge compared to little downside.
I think his passing from the elbow and in pick and roll/pop could do well here. His shooting being so bad is the weird part. Will go lookup his spot up shooting versus pull-up.

Agree it’s worth the flier and you could always go back to Niang or Oni and cut him.

His injuries and health aside, I think he's lost all motivation being stuck in Detroit. If he's cheap enough and willing to come, I would bring him on.

I don't think there's room for him on the Clippers with Ibaka and Morris being there. He can add some size and toughness to the Nets maybe, but he's become a defensive liability at this point, and that's the last thing they need. Lakers have AD, Kuzma and the other Morris. So who knows? TBH, he could fit with the Jazz if he's got anything left in the tank. He can still pass and drive the ball in space.
He is a less mobile, less skilled Bojan at this point. Not sure what he would add. What we need at that spot is defense above all, and he won't add that. I would pass on him personally. He won't really make us better and would likely be very disruptive to team chemistry.