What's new

Which New Guy Will Have the Biggest Impact?

Which New Guy Will Have the Biggest Impact this Season For The Jazz?

• Jared Butler

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • Rudy Gay

Votes: 49 66.2%
  • Eric Paschall

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Hassan Whiteside

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • MaCio Teague

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Someone We Have Yet to Sign or Trade For

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This was my initial concern because I don’t see this guy in any kind of regular rotation. Probably accumulates a lot more (total) minutes than the other guys last year because you can probably throw him in without things going to **** like the end of our bench last year. If Royce is ever out (let’s pray not), I hope he can step in as a competent defender.
Yeah, hopefully everyone involved is realistic about the situation seeing that Golden State was desperate to get rid of Paschall and we aquired him with a protected 2nd round pick.
I think we'll have enough garbage time that Pascall could really shine in those situations.

This was my initial concern because I don’t see this guy in any kind of regular rotation. Probably accumulates a lot more (total) minutes than the other guys last year because you can probably throw him in without things going to **** like the end of our bench last year. If Royce is ever out (let’s pray not), I hope he can step in as a competent defender.
The chances that Brantley is that defender instead of Paschall edge toward “near certainty.”

I’m fully on-board with Paschall. But I see him more as a energy/microwave scorer a la JC than I do a Swiss Army knife kinda dude like Royce.

would love to be proven wrong on this. If Paschall steps up as an above average defender, then we in teh ****ing biznass

The chances that Brantley is that defender instead of Paschall edge toward “near certainty.”

I’m fully on-board with Paschall. But I see him more as a energy/microwave scorer a la JC than I do a Swiss Army knife kinda dude like Royce.

would love to be proven wrong on this. If Paschall steps up as an above average defender, then we in teh ****ing biznass
I don’t see him as a defender or anything like Royce at all. What I’m saying is the things where you’d be asking him to step up would be a situation where Royce is out, so he needs to be ready to step it up on the defensive end.

I don’t see him as a defender or anything like Royce at all. What I’m saying is the things where you’d be asking him to step up would be a situation where Royce is out, so he needs to be ready to step it up on the defensive end.
I guess what I’m saying is “why would Paschall be getting the nod in this scenario?” I mean, I think Q has a soft spot for dudes who play with a lot of force on the offensive side of the ball, and, for this reason, he may tap Paschall in this scenario. But if Nick Nurse were the coach, I think he’d turn to Brantley first.

Paschall better be ready to defend at a higher level, though. I mean, his entire career trajectory depends more on that than probably anything else.

I guess what I’m saying is “why would Paschall be getting the nod in this scenario?” I mean, I think Q has a soft spot for dudes who play with a lot of force on the offensive side of the ball, and, for this reason, he may tap Paschall in this scenario. But if Nick Nurse were the coach, I think he’d turn to Brantley first.
I don't see Quin playing Brantley. I can see Quin playing Paschall because he has experience but, also, if for no other reason than he's Don's buddy. If Royce were out, some of those minutes would be absorbed by committee, but I think Butler, Paschall and Forrest are the only guys who will break into the rotation with injury/absence and nobody else stands a chance. Maybe Oni but I doubt it. Forrest should honestly be getting any minutes where we think Oni can be a defender, at least to see how he holds up in that role. But if Quin's functional fixedness has him as a PG then he may be out of luck.

But you should be able to throw out this lineup and not expect to blow 20 point leads in 3 minutes, right?

Forrest
Butler
Someone
Paschall
Udoka