What's new

Which telemarketer are guys you voting for?

Duck Rodgers

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...es-fundraising-demands-turning-lawmakers-into

When Florida Republican David Jolly came to Washington after winning a special election in 2014, he was surprised by what he was told was his No. 1 priority: fundraising.

The House member told “60 Minutes” he sat behind closed doors with party leadership, where he was told he had six months to raise $2 million.

“Your job, new member of Congress, is to raise $18,000 a day. Your first responsibility is to make sure you hit $18,000 a day,” he said he was told.

To do so, he said, members of Congress are given lists of names and scripts. Because members aren’t allowed to fundraise on Capitol grounds, the campaign arms of the parties have setup call bank headquarters near the Capitol, where members can duck in to to spend a few hours on the phone.

Since the Supreme Court decision in Citizens United v. FEC, he said, both parties have told new members they should spend 30 hours a week on calls — and the prospect is keeping people from running for office.

Wow, that thread title came out great......

Anyway, serious question. What do these guys really do? They admittedly rarely read or write bills. They telemarket. Vote on bills they know nothing about. Attend bougie events. Invited to become regulars on the TV news circuit once they have proven themselves to be the best liars available. Anything else?

Last edited:
The guy that calls back after you've hung up on him and jokes that you must have gotten disconnected.

Hahahahaha

The guy that calls back after you've hung up on him and jokes that you must have gotten disconnected.

Hahahahaha

That's exactly what some chump calling me to fundraise on behalf of a -yet to be named - resort did to me the other day. I was like.....dude....come up with a name first and then we will talk about emptying out my $10.50 paypal account.....hung up....and he called me right back asking me to come up with the name of the resort myself.

That's exactly what some chump calling me to fundraise on behalf of a -yet to be named - resort did to me the other day. I was like.....dude....come up with a name first and then we will talk about emptying out my $10.50 paypal account.....hung up....and he called me right back asking me to come up with the name of the resort myself.
The Panhandle