What's new

White House Discord: Bob Woodward Book, NYT Op-Ed

C'mon. I think it's pretty clear by now that you pay attention to sources that are not critical toward Trump. Like I'm sure all the things you mention here regarding Page, etc. are likely much discussed on Fox, probably Hannity in particular, and not as discussed on MSNBC, and when discussed in the pages of the Washington Post, will have a spin more to my liking. (Not that you pay attention to Fox, or Hannity, you know in fact I have no idea regarding what your sources might be). Which brings me to the simple fact that I pay far more attention to sources that are critical of Trump. I admit it. I do indeed know what side I am on. You have mentioned that you don't like Trump, but think he's not as bad as his "haters" claim. I just disagree. I think he's every bit as bad. And you have, in the past, called me one of those "haters", told me I watch too much MSNBC. Well, maybe I do. Big deal. You want a middle ground. But there is no middle ground where Trump is concerned. Our great national reconciliation, if it is to happen, will have to happen Post-Trump. Just my opinion.

Look, as soon as he announced, I was on this board saying, in so many words, "hey guys, we got a demagogue on our hands. And he has identified scapegoats, so disaffected members of our society have someone to focus their anger on". That alarmed me. I knew what history had to say about such types. I started the first thread on this board suggesting that Trump might be getting help from Putin in the campaign for President. That angered me. I did not like foreign powers infringing on the sovereignty of my country. I thought it called for a response. I wanted to defend my country.

I can't help how I feel. A lifetime study of history helped me recognize what was happening. Nothing has changed for me in that respect. But do I recognize, just to cite an example, that sometimes the talking heads on MSNBC sometimes go a bit overboard? Sure I do. In fact, though you may find this hard to reconcile with my statements on this board, I examine my own motives and biases all the time.

The president has ordered the release of FBI files designed to please Nunes and his other supporters in Congress. I suspect it's part of his overall effort to undermine Mueller. I suspect the president's defenders in Congress and on Fox will cry holy hell about these pages, released while an investigation is still ongoing. I suspect I will pay no attention whatsoever. I suspect I will await Mueller's report.

Now, I don't mind you asking me these pointed questions. But we should understand that neither one of us is going to change. What Trump represents, as I see it, is of far greater importance to me, then these FBI agents. I have not even been following that component of this history we are living. Don't care. Judge me as you will for saying that, sir. I respect you. You are entitled to feel as you please, and, of course, you do not need me to tell you that.

So, I have not examined at all the points behind your question, so I can provide no specific answers. I'm not paying attention to any of that. But, I do believe, as I said in reply to @Stoked, that History will be the judge, of what happened to our democracy in 2016, and of all the characters, major and bit players. And maybe History will be most kind to your point of view. But as to you and I, we are on different sides. And that's OK. You're a decent guy, as am I, and maybe we will live through that great national reconciliation, if we both live long enough.

We didn't need to wait for one day of Trump's Presidency to have a crystal clear image of who he is. There is NO EXCUSE for supporting Trump in any way, period. Anyone who supports Trump is a pig. You can't hide behind your party or politics.

Last edited:
Jesus Christ dude. That's what the right wing is alleging. That the FBI was spying on Trump to hurt him. I'm pointing out that literally makes no sense.
Let me save us another dozen posts like this:
You: It makes no sense for them to spy on Trump unless they immediately tell us what they found.
Me: Yes it does.
You: No it doesn't.

Let me save us another dozen posts like this:
You: It makes no sense for them to spy on Trump unless they immediately tell us what they found.
Yeah, you're pretty pointless to engage with. I didn't say anything about the FBI making the info available 'immediately.'

The investigation predated election day by months, if they wanted to damage Trump's candidacy they had plenty of time.

Yeah, you're pretty pointless to engage with. I didn't say anything about the FBI making the info available 'immediately.'

The investigation predated election day by months, if they wanted to damage Trump's candidacy they had plenty of time.
I included the word immediately because they obviously did put their story out there eventually, but I agree that discussing this with you is pointless.

We didn't need to wait for one day of Trump's Presidency to have a crystal clear image of who he is. There is NO EXCUSE for supporting Trump in any way, period. Anyone who supports Trump is a pig. You can't hide behind your party or politics.
C'MON now. I truly wanted Trump to succeed. If he wins, we all win was my thinking. However, I couldn't just cash in my principles and look the other way. It quickly became apparent that 45 is not a man you can look up to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using JazzFanz mobile app