What's new

White Noise

Do you use white noise to help you sleep?

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

MsSerpicoNJ

Simple poll question. Do you use any form of white noise (fan, sound machine, etc) to help you sleep? Yes or no. If yes, please specify what you use.

I need to because SerpicoNJ snores like a champ.

Use the fan in the master bathroom. Mostly due to kids at high school and college age on a much different schedule than my work schedule. Downside is that it gets mildly addicting.

Not only do I use a fan, but the fan I use is as loud as an airplane taking off.

In the absence of a fan I could get down with a television.

F sleeping with no noise.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

Simple poll question. Do you use any form of white noise (fan, sound machine, etc) to help you sleep? Yes or no. If yes, please specify what you use.

I need to because SerpicoNJ snores like a champ.

I want to meet you. Because Mr. is weird as ****.

No, but blackout is a must.

Maybe I should try noise, last night I woke the family up screaming out of a nightmare about cropped pitbulls (true story).

I worked nights (6pm-6am) for a long time and I would turn a clock radio on to a static station and put in ear plugs. Blackout is absolutely a must. I'd hunt down the tiniest pinholes of light and block them.

A lot of people say they can't sleep with ear plugs in. I started doing it on the aircraft carrier. It wasn't the airplanes and stuff but people talking of banging their coffin locker closed that would interrupt my sleep. It made a huge difference when I started doing it working nights. I think there are a lot of noises during the day the partially interrupt your sleep that you don't actually realize because you typically just fall back to sleep, but they reduce the quality of sleep.

Even working a more traditional schedule I use the clock radio on static. I used to use the bathroom fan but thinking of blowing all that heated or cooled air out besides the amount of electricity a fan uses made me turn to the clock radio.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImageUploadedByJazzFanz1385650495.279874.jpg
That's what we use. We have it on the white noise setting (static), but it has a waterfall, night sounds, rain, etc as well. This one also serves as a fully functioning alarm clock, but they make a cheaper version with no clock. We had issues with the noises turning off randomly after a while with the cheaper one (it uses a twisty knob instead of push buttons and I think the knob goes bad), so now it's the better one for us.
I didn't think I'd like it, but it's noticeable when we don't turn it on. We have one in the each of the kids rooms as well. My wife got them at Wal Mart.

By the way UGLI, this was posted with the jazzfanz app. Pic and everything.

View attachment 2886
That's what we use. We have it on the white noise setting (static), but it has a waterfall, night sounds, rain, etc as well. This one also serves as a fully functioning alarm clock, but they make a cheaper version with no clock. We had issues with the noises turning off randomly after a while with the cheaper one (it uses a twisty knob instead of push buttons and I think the knob goes bad), so now it's the better one for us.
I didn't think I'd like it, but it's noticeable when we don't turn it on. We have one in the each of the kids rooms as well. My wife got them at Wal Mart.

By the way UGLI, this was posted with the jazzfanz app. Pic and everything.

Btw, I can't see the pic

I use the noise app called "white noise". They have a myriad of sounds and more you find online and download.

Sent using JazzFanz mobile app

For all your white noise needs check out these guys...

SHOUT-IT-OUT-HANSON.jpg