What's new

White Privilege VS POC Disadvantage

"My entire point is that they are plenty capable. Every single person is capable."

That minorities aren't capable people? Wow...
Hey **** nugget, it's obvious I was referring to the first sentence. "It's systematic because people are telling others they are not capable because they have no privilege."

I gave a simple answer. However, I can't answer for you what you can change. Only you can answer that. If you choose to change nothing, you won't. That's simple.
So there's no end game here. Me, as I said in my op I'll just be nice to everyone but privilege still exist. Nothing changes.

Hey **** nugget, it's obvious I was referring to the first sentence. "It's systematic because people are telling others they are not capable because they have no privilege."
Encouragment is wrong? Thats what I'm talking about. Focusing on being under privileged helps nothing. Telling people they are better than their perceived privilege is positive. These people are better and stronger than their lack of privilege.

Last edited:
Not in our lifetimes.

Things change when people change them. You don't want to help the change. We understand.
You can't even answer when I asked what can I do to make a change I never said I didn't want change. That's just you putting words in my mouth and trying to make me a bad guy. I care for everybody but admitting I'm privileged changes nothing.

“White” is a performance. Regardless of who performs it, it grants privilege, advantage, and club membership to a cultural identity and hierarchy.

You don’t worry about Kermit the Frog or Miss Piggy having a sex life. Both of them are performing as “white people”, so it works for you. Just admit it.

If Miss Peggy uses a French accent, you don’t care. If Kermit sounds like a nasally pencil-neck nerd, you don’t care.

If they have a little frog baby, or a little pig baby, you don’t give a ****. It’s all the same to you. Because they are performing the roles of “whites”.

There are not enough women or POC in Congress to pass anything on their own. It still is a white man's game.

The definition of white privilege shouldn't be vague and obtuse if people actually learn a little history and interact with POC. "Inherent advantages possessed by a white person on the basis of their race in a society characterized by racial inequality and injustice" is not really a difficult concept.

Sent from my moto z3 using JazzFanz mobile app

Exactly.

Ignoring the systemic racism doesn’t help things. Only when we learn about and recognize that the unfair economic and employment practices, segregation, red lining residential areas and schools, and discriminatory criminal justice imposed on people of color and to an extent, women, can we work to abolish them.

Too many seem content to live in ignorance and then blame entire communities, whether they be African American communities or single mothers, for moral failings. Rather than learn about the unfair system and work towards a more equitable system. Methinks many don’t want to admit that they’ve been blessed with white (male) privilege, because doing so would admit that they were born on third base. And out into question whether they would’ve achieved everything they have, had they been born as a person of color.

Read the book "White Fragility" if you really want to know how our inherent racist system impacts all of us. It is eye-opening. The point is that unless we have spent time understanding the issue, we are completely unaware of how we reinforce the system. Unless we acknowledge and confront our biases, we will not begin to overcome them. And confronting those biases is a lifetime endeavor.

For example, white people like to claim that they are colorblind. Do you recognize what that says to a person of color? It says that you are discounting their experiences, that because race isn't an issue in your life that it shouldn't be an issue in their lives.

Not in our lifetimes.

Things change when people change them. You don't want to help the change. We understand.

Have you read “White Rage” or “Just Mercy?” These books changed my perspectives drastically. If you ache, what did you think of them? The podcast, “The Daily” had a fantastic episode on school busing that was incredibly insightful.

“White” is a performance. Regardless of who performs it, it grants privilege, advantage, and club membership to a cultural identity and hierarchy.

You don’t worry about Kermit the Frog or Miss Piggy having a sex life. Both of them are performing as “white people”, so it works for you. Just admit it.

If Miss Peggy uses a French accent, you don’t care. If Kermit sounds like a nasally pencil-neck nerd, you don’t care.

If they have a little frog baby, or a little pig baby, you don’t give a ****. It’s all the same to you. Because they are performing the roles of “whites”.

Anyone here understand this post? It makes zero sense to me.

"You know what you look like to me, with your good bag and your cheap shoes? You look like a rube. A well scrubbed, hustling rube with a little taste. Good nutrition's given you some length of bone, but you're not more than one generation from poor white trash, are you, Agent Starling? And that accent you've tried so desperately to shed: pure West Virginia. What is your father, dear? Is he a coal miner? Does he stink of the lamp?"
-

There is a hierarchy among beige people.

And you are fine with that?

I never said I was. I just don't think calling others privileged all while telling others they are not solves anything. That's why I asked what is accomplished by this privileged argument and not one of you could answer. Nothing is coming out of it. It has no resolve

I’ll post wherever you want. Don’t blame me for your typing of a completely incomprehensible post. Do better

Is that like when Tyrone Corbin says “get better”? If so, thanks for nothing. For the umpteenth time.

I’ll be speaking to people who understand history and can read complete sentences now, k? See you later.