What's new

Who are we drafting? Pick one player!

It sounds like the most likely candidates to fall to #9 are Cam and Ausar. (I'm hoping the Pacers take Hendricks at 7.) Jazz will take whichever player is left.

I think if the Jazz are able to trade up to #5, their target is actually Jarace Walker. They may have been smoke-signaling Anthony Black to see if they can get a reaction out of other teams like Orlando and Washington, essentially verifying during the process that Washington is planning to take Black.

It sounds like the most likely candidates to fall to #9 are Cam and Ausar. (I'm hoping the Pacers take Hendricks at 7.) Jazz will take whichever player is left.

I think if the Jazz are able to trade up to #5, their target is actually Jarace Walker. They may have been smoke-signaling Anthony Black to see if they can get a reaction out of other teams like Orlando and Washington, essentially verifying during the process that Washington is planning to take Black.
Here;s the thing though with Detroit.

If Detroit trades us the pick with the idea that we will take Walker, that's a big negative for Detroit if their hope in trading down is to grab Hendricks (if that's their preferred draft pick at 5), because taking Walker at 5 makes it more of a certainty that Hendricks goes at 7.

Here;s the thing though with Detroit.

If Detroit trades us the pick with the idea that we will take Walker, that's a big negative for Detroit if their hope in trading down is to grab Hendricks (if that's their preferred draft pick at 5), because taking Walker at 5 makes it more of a certainty that Hendricks goes at 7.

That's interesting. Yes, if Walker is off to board, it becomes likely the Pacers will take Hendricks. Maybe Detroit will do the deal contingent upon the Jazz not drafting Walker -- e.g., "Yes, we'll trade, but you can't take our guy."

My explanation will be a bit long, but here we go:

I think we see the Jazz move up not once, but TWICE. Every single thing I’ve read about the 2024 draft is how awful it’s going to be. Couple that with the fact that next year, we probably won’t have a 1st rounder as it’s pretty unlikely IMO that Utah finishes in the bottom 10 of the standings.

Trader Danny see’s this as an opportunity to make some hay in the ‘23 draft by parting with some of our bountiful supply of assets. The Jazz move up to ensure they get Walker with their 1st pick, and even though this is a thread solely about who they select first, I’ll bring my prediction full circle and guess that after selecting Walker, they move up in the 10-13 range to select Bufkin.

I see that scenario as a grand slam and would go to sleep on Thursday night a very happy boy.