What's new

Who do you draft right now?

Who would you draft? (please choose top 3)

• Poeltl

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Turner

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Oubre

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Dunn

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Grant

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Dekker

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Booker

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Portis

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Lyles

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Looney

Votes: 11 34.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Kaminsky will be there. He will probably go 13-15.

I'd go Lyles because a 6'10" SF is rare.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

There should be a "trade pick for anything if these are the options"....option

I choose that.

Rather trade the pick either move up or move out all together...

But if I'm forced to pick then:

Dekker
Oubre
Looney

Kaminsky will be there. He will probably go 13-15.

I'd go Lyles because a 6'10" SF is rare.

Sent from the JazzFanz app
I doubt it. Dude is wrecking people... I'm calling it now. Frank goes to Detroit.

[X] size
[X] defense
[X] bball IQ

.. must-have qualities for any new signing, including draft picks.

So is Lyles really a SF, or is he more of a tweener? Does he have enough athletecism to be an above average defender at SF (cause 6'10 230+ is pretty good size)? Haven't seen him play enough. Also, does he have enough of a shooting stroke to develop a 3 pt shot?

I'm not willing to give up a whole lot to move up. Would I give up Hood and picks to get Russell? Sure. But I'd take Hood over Hezonja, Winslow or Johnson. Hood has already shown he can play major minutes in the NBA AND be an impact player. I like our wing rotation once Burks returns. I think Booker is our 4th big and Utah needs a stretch-4. Also think Utah needs a starting-caliber PG.

Jazz should try to trade pick(s) for a good veteran. If not, trade down for Grant.

I think the Jazz will be drafting 10th and will try to move up to 7th or 8th.

Hezonja
Winslow
Porzingis
Johnson

...would be targets. Oubre is a decent fall-back position. I like Kaminsky but don't quite see him on the Jazz.

I think the Jazz will be drafting 10th and will try to move up to 7th or 8th.

Hezonja
Winslow
Porzingis
Johnson

...would be targets. Oubre is a decent fall-back position. I like Kaminsky but don't quite see him on the Jazz.
Great post. Honestly think this is exactly how they should approach it. Any of those 4 guys would be good additions to this team. I've come around on Kaminsky, but I wouldn't love that pick tbh.

We either move up to get a shooter, say Hezonja or trade the pick unless there is some other gem the jazz think they can get. In a recent interview one of the Jazz's execs said their priority in the draft this year is to get a shooter. He said there is a couple he likes, but the Jazz may need to move up in the draft to get them. so if they don't move up or trade away their pick then I have no idea who they might pick. Maybe they go with best player available.