What's new

Who do you think the Jazz should draft? Trade for #1 or stay at #5

What do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shocker00

After a lot of thought I am leaning towards trading Favors and Burks to get Andrew Wiggins. If we stay at #5 I am leaning on taking Embiid even though he is a risky player. I think Embiid and Wiggins can be franchise players along with Exum. I see Gordan, Vonleh, Parker, and Randle all as good players but not franchise players. I think if your going to win a championship or compete for one you need to swing for the fences, unfortunately there is always that chance you strike out and your back here next year trying the same thing all over.

Joel Embiid-The most talented player in this years draft became a huge risk with foot injury. Shot 62.6% for the season and didn't attempt many outside shots but made 7-11 from midrange and beyond. He is a defensive force on the inside with good size for a center. Has only played basketball for 3 years and has improved dramatically each year. My choice for best player if he can overcome foot injury.

Andrew Wiggins-Didn't quite live up to potential and hype in college but is a solid defensive player and showed improvements on offense as the season progressed. He should at the minimum be a good player but has the possibility to be a franchise player. He will be a two way player which is very important.

Dante Exum-Good lateral movement and speed for a 6'6" PG, about the same size as Kobe Bryant when he entered the league. Strengths is driving to the hoop, creating mismatches, and passing ability. Is a risky player do to lack of high level competition. To become a franchise player in the league he will have to improve his outside shot.

Last edited:
Wait a minute, 37-year-old Gordan Giricek made himself available for the draft?

Vonleh, Gordon, and Exum all have the potential to be Franchise players or at least all stars, so I would stay at #5. Vonleh could be Bosh, Gordon could be Griffin, and Exum could be what Livingston should have been before the knee injury.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Gordon could also be a poor-man's Kenneth Faried. Exciting, isn't it? MANIMAL.

I think a (semi-) interesting scenario that no one has discussed is trading down, to around the #8 pick, getting one of Vonleh, Randle, Smart, Gordon or Embiid and by doing so, getting that team's future unprotected 1st. To me, if the Kings would do this (I doubt it) with their #8, I'd strongly consider jumping on it. They are perennial cellar dwellers and to have that pick, along with our own (which should be top 10 the next few years), and the GS pick should empower us to be able to move up to #1 in one of the next couple drafts.

One of the top two tier guys will be there at #8 and we should consider trading down to get them PLUS an unprotected 1st if we can do it. I'm sure one caveat would be taking back a few ****ty contracts from the Kings but I'd still strongly consider it just as much as I would trading #5, Favors and Burks to move up to #1. Nothing should be off the table.

Draft Marcus Smart and distribute 96 minutes to Trey, Burks, Smart
32 - 32 - 32 :)

Trey - Burks
Smart - Burks
Trey - Smart

The last background is undersized but Smart's aggressive defense may help compensate. With this rotation you get to see which combination works best and at which position Smart does best.

If any of Wiggins, Parker, Exum, or Vonleh are available at #5, then stay at 5. If they are all gone, then bet the farm to whoever drafted Wiggins.

Vonleh, Gordon, and Exum all have the potential to be Franchise players or at least all stars, so I would stay at #5. Vonleh could be Bosh, Gordon could be Griffin, and Exum could be what Livingston should have been before the knee injury.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

What has Blake done with the best point guard in the game? Nothing.