What's new

Who do you want the Jazz to keep...current roster after Rudy trade...POLL!!

Who do you want the Jazz to keep for this upcoming season. Select as many as you like...

• Total voters

LogGrad98

Contributor
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
2024 Award Winner
Who do you want the Jazz to hold onto for this next season? We came away with some decent players with some potential and a boatload of picks from the Rudy trade. The Mitchell trade is still up in the air, so it is a distinct possibility he is on the roster opening day. If you could pick and choose who you wanted to stick around for next year, who would it be? You can select any number you want, everyone if you so desire. Then discuss.

I just included everyone so don't get too into the weeds on the particulars of who can or cannot be traded since the number that simply cannot is pretty small and I really didn't care enough to look it up. Same applies to would or would not be traded. I don't care if we just signed whats-his-bucket to a minimum contract so no way we trade him. Just pretend we could move everyone or keep everyone to make thing simpler.

Figured we needed a new poll to keep things interesting. I might see how many polls I can put out this summer, who knows?

- I hope all of the vets get to go to situations where they can compete.
- I don't think any of our young guys have a ton of potential
- I'm curious what the Italian guy can do in the NBA
- It wouldn't surprise me if we had 0 of our current players once we start being competitive again

Yeah I really am not tied to any of them. Since we traded away the best player this franchise has seen in the last couple of decades, they have all lost their shine.

However I did select the ones I thought would be an entertaining starting 5 at least.

Butler
Clarkson
Beasley
Vanderbilt
Kessler

Yeah I know the first 3 are short, but it would still be entertaining, and frankly this is a tank year so this would be a good tank unit to boot.

I’d like to see Jared butler be good but there aren’t any that I’m super excited to watch. Could see Beasley having a bounce back year and maybe being kinda fun. Yowza…

I’d like to see Jared butler be good but there aren’t any that I’m super excited to watch. Could see Beasley having a bounce back year and maybe being kinda fun. Yowza…
Im excited for vanderbilt from what I have heard about him and his highlight videos. Seems like a fun player and good dude to root for.

Im also excited to see Dok. Seemed like everytime I saw him on the court (which was very rare) he entertained with high flying power dunks and a some blocks.

Vanderbilt is my biggest one. By far. If he’s tough and beloved, I want guys like that on a young, impressionable team. He’ll set a tone and set an example. Especially since we’ll stink and be brutal to watch. He’d make losses respectable at least.

Dok would be my second. His constant injuries lead me to believe he won’t have a real career but if he somehow stays healthy, I think he could be far better than is expected by most.

Butler and Dok, same guys I've been excited about. Not overly confident in them but they've both shown flashes. Maybe keep JC because he adds excitement even though we suck.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

I went with all the young guys that have talent and heart. I left off Butler because I think I've lost faith... maybe unfounded but true.

Vandy, Dok, Beasley, Kessler, Bolmaro, Fontecchio

Feel like Vandy would be a really good asset to someone like the Suns. Feel like they could use some toughness. Maybe the Bucks too since they no longer have Tucker from their title team.

Could see him snagging a 1st at the deadline but I really want him around our young core as we go forward.

Feel like Vandy would be a really good asset to someone like the Suns. Feel like they could use some toughness. Maybe the Bucks too since they no longer have Tucker from their title team.

Could see him snagging a 1st at the deadline but I really want him around our young core as we go forward.
I really agree with this. I haven't even seen him play on our team, but it would hurt to see him go. I think even a young team needs a guy with fire so they start out right.

I mean, he’s only 23 himself. Younger than Toppin or Quickly if either come over in the trade for Mitchell.