What's new

Who is Excited About Trey?

Sexual Favors

I'm serious. He seems faster, shiftier, an dsmarter the past two games. I am cautiously optimistic for him, and will gladly eat every negative thing I've said about him if this improvement continues.

How do you guys feel? If Trey continues penetrating succesfully it will be a great example for Dante, and much needed positive competition at that position.

Hes got the talent to be a good player in this league for a long time to come. He needs to lose that tunnel vision he gets into, and the over dribbling. Ive seen him make great passes, and he is fearless to a fault on the break. He was quoted after one of the recent games saying he shot the 3 too much and should of passed the ball more inside. I know he gets it. Lets hope he does it.

Like I said its way too early to close the door on Trey. He likes it here, and he fits in. Its all on him where he takes it from here. I am hopeful.

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me... you can't get fooled again"

I refuse to get fooled anymore... Everytime I feel like he's getting better he follows the good stretch by several horrendous games.

So Rev is hopeful, I'm cautiously hopeful, while Doublea wants to wait and see (or believes we'll see old Trey)?

So far, he's inspiring a myriad of reactions, per usual.

Put sitches in the Doublea camp?

"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me... you can't get fooled again"

I refuse to get fooled anymore... Everytime I feel like he's getting better he follows the good stretch by several horrendous games.

I would normally say this, but he really does seem to have a faster burst when driving, and his shifts to shake defenders have been faster than I've ever seen from him. Do you disagree?

Hes going to have bad games again. The key is to 1) ignore the haters who disappear when he plays well, and come out in full force to say he kill the family dog when he has a poor shooting night. 2) Hes got to cut those bad games back, and get more consistent. Im not sure he will do that, but I know he has the talent to. He needs to play with a pass first, attack 2nd mentality. Im not sure he can, but he must find a way to balance the two.

He's just so bipolar and even when he does have good games theres still a lot he needs to work on, i.e. not shooting so much. I mean he's shooting like 36% now...

Imma wait and see, it's nice to see him make some good moves, though he's done it against not the best defenders recently.

So Rev is hopeful, I'm cautiously hopeful, while Doublea wants to wait and see (or believes we'll see old Trey)?

So far, he's inspiring myriad reactions, per usual.

Put sitches in the Doublea camp?

Fixed.

And I am firmly in the I'll believe it when I see it camp.

Hes going to have bad games again. The key is to 1) ignore the haters who disappear when he plays well, and come out in full force to say he kill the family dog when he has a poor shooting night. 2) Hes got to cut those bad games back, and get more consistent. Im not sure he will do that, but I know he has the talent to. He needs to play with a pass first, attack 2nd mentality. Im not sure he can, but he must find a way to balance the two.

The problem is that his good shooting nights are < 1/5 of his games. You make it sound like he's regularly putting up 20 on 7/10 shooting and the "rest" of us are harping in his occasional 5/13 outing. But the fact is 5/15 is pretty much his norm, with the occasional foray into 40%+ territory. If it's being a "hater" to look at the evidence and then ignore an outlier as anything other than that, an outlier, then I guess I'm closer to the hater's camp.

Again, put Trey in a permanent rotation with one of Burks and Hood, A big man that can pass in the post like Tomic that Trey can work with from training camp on, and then not depend upon him to carry the offensive load for himself AND the starter (Exum) , he will be fine for a backup pg. Certainly as good or better than what we could get for his price. Continue to march him out there with Rudy, Booker, Jingles, and Millsap, (and that is supposing that we aren't throwing 10 day scrubs like Johnson out instead) and life becomes immensely harder for Trey. That isn't really Quinn's fault as I believe, technically, that we are supposed to be tanking with our bench as constructed. Anyway, Trey used to be afraid of the paint like Exum to some extent last year. He certainly doesn't have that fear now. He also added a floater of the last few months, and is better at the margins on D. If he is happy with his role he is worth keeping around unless we find something measurably better (and it sure isn't Neto.)

I had been earlier in the season but then he kept having these horrible shooting nights all the time. It is souring me on him a little. Burke's far and away biggest problem is consistency. Without that he isn't good enough.

2 options how to become more valuable

a) get better at what you do
b) lose Dion Waiters level self awareness

If he closes out the season stringing together more performances like he's had the last few, I will be less of a critic. It's bed nice to see him improve but without consistency it's moot.

If he closes out the season stringing together more performances like he's had the last few, I will be less of a critic. It's bed nice to see him improve but without consistency it's moot.

Yup. Still think it's fools gold. Trey is a player I'll cheer when he's performing well. I don't have much hope for him. If he proves me wrong I'll be elated. If not, I won't have dashed hopes to sweep up.

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Trade him and I will be excited

I'm on the wait and see bandwagon. As someone said earlier, just when you think you are watching him grow up right in front of your eyes, he gouges your eyes out with a pitch fork. I still think he has a lot to learn, one part being the ability to know when he is off and instead of shooting he can make an impact by passing.

I don't hate the guy, but I hate when he takes the entire team down with his poor shooting and play. On the contrary he can also carry the team, but the inconsistency to do so is worrisome.