What's new

Who is most likely to win an MVP out of these guys?

Et tu Brute

Porzingis
Gobert
Embiid
KAT
Davis

It feels like Embiid. In fact, if he is healthy, I feel like he could win it next year. It feels like only Gobert and he help their teams win (out of that list).

I don't think any of them realistically win MVP when guys like Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi and Lebron are in the league.

Most likely? Eh.... maybe KAT or Davis. Embiid needs to play starter minutes for a full season to be considered.

I don't think any of them realistically win MVP when guys like Westbrook, Harden, Kawhi and Lebron are in the league.

Most likely? Eh.... maybe KAT or Davis. Embiid needs to play starter minutes for a full season to be considered.

If he does, I don't think there is a player in the league that can go with him.

Rudy could go 20/12/2 this year but Westbrook just generates huge numbers. Winning makes all the difference. Embiid can play tho...

Really?
Even if he becomes the analytics monster he projects to moving forward?

Def not this year. You pretty much need to be scoring 25+ a game to win MVP. Maybe he scores 20 this year? But I doubt he ever gets to 23-24 a game. Dude has no offensive game.

Donovan Mitchell

My real answer is AD

Def not this year. You pretty much need to be scoring 25+ a game to win MVP. Maybe he scores 20 this year? But I doubt he ever gets to 23-24 a game. Dude has no offensive game.

Should be about biggest impact on winning. I think Gobert could be that guy.
If he can get to the line consistently.

That's why I think Embiid is a chance. He might lead the league in free throw attempts.

Should be about biggest impact on winning.

It's not though.
Has there ever been a league mvp that wasn't near the top of the league in points per game? Idk, but I'm doubtful.

Should be about biggest impact on winning. I think Gobert could be that guy.
If he can get to the line consistently.

That's why I think Embiid is a chance. He might lead the league in free throw attempts.

Yes but Embiid also has very good game. Rudy has none so yes, I agree with you that he would need to go to the line a ton, about 12x a game, and hit about 9 of them, plus pour in another 16 a night, to get to 25 a game for him to have a legit shot. Oh yeah, and we'd probably also have to get the 1 or 2 seed in the brutal Western Conference.

It's not though.
Has there ever been a league mvp that wasn't near the top of the league in points per game? Idk, but I'm doubtful.

Bill Russell trailed the league leader by over 30 points and still won mvp. Not a good example I know, but still pretty amazing.

Bill Russell trailed the league leader by over 30 points and still won mvp. Not a good example I know, but still pretty amazing.
Nah, that's a good example. Good find.

So you now have given me hope for Rudy

And 36 minutes which is pretty huge
Impressive no matter what.
Probably hard to find many guys averaging those numbers per 36.