What's new

Who is next to join the list of award winning Utah Jazz players?

David Hume

Who is Next to Join the All time Utah Jazz Greats List?

Here are the 30 most highly decorated players in Utah Jazz history. Not counting New Orleans Jazz numbers or awards earned with another team before or after playing for the Jazz. Which current Jazz player do you think is most likely to join this list?

Utah Jazz Greats

1. Karl Malone MVP x 2
  2. John Stockton All NBA 1st x 2
  3. Adrian Dantley All NBA 2nd x 2
  4. Deron Williams All NBA 2nd x 2
  5. Rudy Gobert All NBA 2nd x 1
  6. Carlos Boozer All NBA 3rd x 1
  7. Donovan Mitchell All-Star x 3
  8. Mark Eaton All-Star x 1
  9. Andrei Kirilenko All-Star x 1
  10. Lauri Markkanen All-Star x 1
  11. Mehmet Okur All-Star x 1
  12. Mike Conley All-Star x 1
  13. Ricky Green All-Star x 1
  14. Gordon Hayward All-Star x 1
  15. Jordan Clarkson 6th Man x 1
  16. Darrell Griffith ROY x 1
  17. Al Jefferson Player of the Week x 2
  18. John Drew Player of the Week x 1
  19. Bobby Hansen Player of the Week x 1
  20. Jeff Malone Player of the Week x 1
  21. George Hill Player of the Week x 1
  22. Bojan Bogdanovic Player of the Week x 1
  23. Thurl Bailey All-Rookie 1st Team
  24. Trey Burke All-Rookie 1st Team
  25. Walker Kessler All-Rookie 1st Team
  26. Blue Edwards All-Rookie 2nd Team
  27. Paul Millsap All-Rookie 2nd Team
  28. Derrick Favors All-Rookie 2nd Tram
  29. Rodney Hood Rookie of the Month
  30. Jeff Hornacek 3 point shooting contest
  31. Keyonte George Summer League Team

Last edited:

Here are the 16 most highly decorated players in Utah Jazz history. Not counting New Orleans Jazz numbers or awards earned with another team before or after playing for the Jazz. Which current Jazz player do you think is most likely to join this list? I personally believe it will be Walker Kessler for earning a place on All-Defensive Team.

Legend
= MVP
= All NBA 1st Team
= All NBA 2nd Team
= All NBA 3rd Team
= All Star
= DEPOY or All Defensive 1, 2, 3 Team
= 6th Man of the Year
️=Rookie of the Year
= Most Improved Player

Edit: OK, the symbols I created to signify award’s are not showing up on my cell, but I assume most of you know who has won what.

1. PF. Karl Malone ️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
2. PG. John Stockton ️️️️️️️️️️
3. C. Rudy Gobert️️️
4. SF. Adrian Dantley ️️️️️️
5. PG. Deron Williams️️
6. PF. Carlos Boozer️️
7. C. Mark Eaton️
8. SG. Donavan Mitchell ️️️
9. SF. Andrei Kirilenko ️
10. SF. Lauri Markkanen ️
11. C. Mehmet Okur ️
12. SF. Gordon Hayward ️
13. PG. Ricky Green ️
14. PG. Mike Conley ️
15. SG. Jordan Clarkson
16. SG. Darrell Griffith ️
Taylor Hendricks with ROY

Seeing him the last year and the weak play in the playoffs doesn’t move you? He kinda has gotta be good at doing something with a basketball to be that high.
I just listed them by highest award won (e.g., MVP higher than All-NBA 1st Team) with number of wins serving as tie breaker (e.g., three time All-Star beats two time All-Star). It wasn’t meant to be a definitive list of all time greats. If so, Hornacek and Jingles would also be on the list.

Seeing him the last year and the weak play in the playoffs doesn’t move you? He kinda has gotta be good at doing something with a basketball to be that high.

I don't think last year had anything to do with what he did for us. He was obviously physically different. He's was either injured or declining, but I don't think he was somehow exposed by going to a new team.

Deron was my favorite jazz player of all time, but I think Gobert is still the better player. Gobert probably should have won at least 5 DPOY and was a huge part of the best offense in the NBA.

Rudy and Deron are in one bucket, Donovan and AK are in another. We should’ve been able to trade across timelines because those would be better pairings, and I know which one I would’ve liked more, and which one would have had more success.

Lauri climbs the list with more all stars and all NBA teams.

Kessler makes the list with defensive team, maybe all star and all NBA.

Also expect in the next 2 years we add at least 1 all star players through draft or trade.

Also, IMO the ranking of the 1 time Jazz all star players should be: Hayward > AK > Green > Okur > Conley > Lauri. If you want to flip AK and Hayward or Conley/Okur/Green that is reasonable (but wrong) but Lauri has to be at the bottom of the list (only 1 year and didn’t make the playoffs).

Lauri climbs the list with more all stars and all NBA teams.

Kessler makes the list with defensive team, maybe all star and all NBA.

Also expect in the next 2 years we add at least 1 all star players through draft or trade.

Also, IMO the ranking of the 1 time Jazz all star players should be: Hayward > AK > Green > Okur > Conley > Lauri. If you want to flip AK and Hayward or Conley/Okur/Green that is reasonable (but wrong) but Lauri has to be at the bottom of the list (only 1 year and didn’t make the playoffs).
I put Lauri ahead of them on tie breaks because he won a second award, Most Improved Player.

Where the heck is Jeff Hornacek? Putting Clarkson, and Conley in there before him is hella messed up. Dude helped the team to the finals twice too. He's like top 10 imho.

Where the heck is Jeff Hornacek? Putting Clarkson, and Conley in there before him is hella messed up. Dude helped the team to the finals twice too. He's like top 10 imho.
As I mentioned, this is not a list of the greatest players to play for the Utah Jazz. It’s just a list of Utah Jazz players who won MVP, All-NBA, All-Star, All -Defensive Team, 6th Man, Rookie of the Year, and Most Improved Player awards while playing for the Utah Jazz.

Here are the 16 most highly decorated players in Utah Jazz history. Not counting New Orleans Jazz numbers or awards earned with another team before or after playing for the Jazz. Which current Jazz player do you think is most likely to join this list? I personally believe it will be Walker Kessler for earning a place on All-Defensive Team.

Legend
= MVP
= All NBA 1st Team
= All NBA 2nd Team
= All NBA 3rd Team
= All Star
= DEPOY or All Defensive 1, 2, 3 Team
= 6th Man of the Year
️=Rookie of the Year
= Most Improved Player

Edit: OK, the symbols I created to signify award’s are not showing up on my cell, but I assume most of you know who has won what.

1. PF. Karl Malone ️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
2. PG. John Stockton ️️️️️️️️️️
3. C. Rudy Gobert️️️
4. SF. Adrian Dantley ️️️️️️
5. PG. Deron Williams️️
6. PF. Carlos Boozer️️
7. C. Mark Eaton️
8. SG. Donavan Mitchell ️️️
9. SF. Andrei Kirilenko ️
10. SF. Lauri Markkanen ️
11. C. Mehmet Okur ️
12. SF. Gordon Hayward ️