What's new

Who is Quin Synder?

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Quin Synder lead Missouri to four straight NCAA Tournament's and made the Elite 8 as well the farthest a Missouri team has ever gone. Won Rookie Coach of the Year by Basketball Times his first year at Missouri.

Was also the head coach for the NBADL Austin Torros. With them he made the D-Leage finals once, the semi-finals twice, won Coach of the Year as well. Has the most wins for a D-League coach ever in a 3-year span.

Was an assistant for Duke, the Clippers, 76ers, Lakers, Hawks, and CSKA Moscow.

Not a bad resume.. I wouldn't mind him.

Marc Stein: "NBA coaching sources have identified another prime candidate for the Utah Jazz opening: Hawks assistant Quin Snyder.. Snyder worked with Jazz GM Dennis Lindsey in San Antonio and, interestingly, spent a season with CSKA Moscow studying Lindsey pal Ettore Messina."

Amin Elhassan: "I think if you're going to take a risk with a foreign coach, it would have to come in a place like Utah: small market, young team, no expectations. Snyder would be good, if safer, pick. He brings great experience as a former college and D-League head coach and international assistant."

My coach big board is:

1. Ettore Messina
2. Quin Synder
3. Mike Longabardi

Anyone after that I don't really care for.

Missouri improved in his first 3 years, and then continually got worse after that. Not just a little worse, a lot worse.

To just say that he made the Elite 8 at Missouri is intellectually dishonest. His teams did not get better over time.

Season School Conf W L W-L%
1999-00 Missouri* Big 12 18 13 .581
2000-01 Missouri* Big 12 20 13 .606
2001-02 Missouri* Big 12 24 12 .667
2002-03 Missouri* Big 12 22 11 .667
2003-04 Missouri Big 12 16 14 .533
2004-05 Missouri Big 12 16 17 .485
2005-06 Missouri Big 12 12 16 .429

Is he analytical? If you believe the reports from the national media, that's all that DL cares about.

Missouri improved in his first 3 years, and then continually got worse after that. Not just a little worse, a lot worse.

To just say that he made the Elite 8 at Missouri is intellectually dishonest. His teams did not get better over time.

Again, college records don't really concern me.

I put more stock into his D-League experience/record than his College when it comes to evaluating him.

Again, college records don't really concern me.

I put more stock into his D-League experience/record than his College when it comes to evaluating him.

Snyder has a show cause order from the NCAA from his time at Missouri. One of his players was choking coeds after he was warned by the CSI President that the player was a bad dude. Snyder denied the conversation ever happened. Either Snyder or the CSI President was lying and it is a public record that the player had been banned from the main CSI campus. I don't thaink that sells well in Salt Lake City. I think he was the Duke Lacrosse Team's mentor.

I think I've considered him and Eric Musselman the same person for the last 10 years or so for some reason.

boylen is the Man..

I think that Jazz are going to hire Quin Synder. He has everything that they are looking for in a coach. Actually, I think that Jim Boylen is going to get the Spurs job when Popovich retires. I think that Brad Jones will become Snyder's top assistant, with Karl Malone as the 2nd assistant/big man coach. Also, because the Jazz are taking over the Idaho Stampede's basketball operations next season as part of their one-to-one "hybrid" affiliation, look for the Jazz to maybe reach out to John Stockton to enter coaching as the Stampede's head coach. There is nobody better to teach the Jazz's system to young players than John Stockton, and Boise is a short drive/flight from Spokane.

I can't think of a better job for millionaire John Stockton than coaching in the D-League. Your hard work finally paid off, John.

Who is Quinn Snyder? He is the new head coach of the Utah Jazz. That's who

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I've heard the talent level was pretty low during the latter half of his time at Missouri. So maybe he just a ****ty recruiter?

From what I've heard the talent level was pretty low during the latter half of his time at Missouri. So maybe he just a ****ty recruiter?

I wasn't following college ball too much at that point, outside of the actual good teams…LazyD or PKM might be able to say more.

I always thought Snyder was supposed to be a good recruiter though.

2501779747.jpg

Snyder has a show cause order from the NCAA from his time at Missouri. One of his players was choking coeds after he was warned by the CSI President that the player was a bad dude. Snyder denied the conversation ever happened. Either Snyder or the CSI President was lying and it is a public record that the player had been banned from the main CSI campus. I don't thaink that sells well in Salt Lake City. I think he was the Duke Lacrosse Team's mentor.

Can you provide a link? I can't find that he has a show cause order.

What I do see is the player you failed to mention was Ricky Clemons. The day after he was arrested and charged with a felony, he was suspended for one game. He was reinstated three days later and played for 3 months. Clemons then pled guilty to reduced charges and was promptly suspended from the team for one year. Three months later he was dismissed from the team. It was AFTER being kicked off that his GF alleged Clemons had received money from someone at Mizzou. Snyder acknowledges he gave Clemons clothing and made some unallowed phone calls during the recruiting process.

I tend to think all those problems likely impacted Snyder's desire and ability to recruit and coach as he was focused on the NCAA investigation. Yes, he made some mistakes. Good news that he doesn't have to worry about recruiting for the Utah Jazz; Lindsey will take care of that!

What im really interested in is finding this infamous picture of Snyder drunk at mardi gras which caused issues for him at Mizzou. From what I understand he denied it was him in the picture, said he wasnt at mardi gras, then backtracked.