What's new

Who is your Favorite Comedian?

I don't understand the popularity surrounding Gaffigan. His stupid little whispers just get irritating and much of his material is just boring. I had heard people go on and on about him and when I finally watched his special I was seriously disapointed.

I find Jeff Dunham to be pretty funny. Another that I haven't seen mentioned is Eddie Izzard. And how about Gabriel Iglesias?

YB mentioned him and I agree. Don Rickles. ****ing hysterical. I saw him on Letterman about a year and a half ago. He followed Denzel Washington and Denzel actually stayed out on the second chair when Rickles came out. Rickles Jew and Blacks comments are the best! He got on Denzel about never asking him to be in one of his movies and then went on to say, "I could be that guy in the background pickin' cotton," in his great Rickles style. The ****ing best! Denzel loves him too!

Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz - but esp. Lucy.

again, not the classic "comedian" (or comedienne) but extremely funny in her timing, facial expressions, movements and gestures. she sort of defined the genre for many who followed.

Carlin. By far my favorite comedian.

Another I like though is Christopher Titus. I was not happy when his show was canceled.

Carrot Top is a complete hack, and totally unfunny. Marcus is a wannabe Dane Cook, and Dane Cook is an untalented *******.

Mitch Hedberg will always be my favorite, followed by Oswald, Giraldo, and Lampanelli. I'm also a big fan of Darren Carter.

Godfrey is a underrated comic, his Jason Statham impersonation is hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrvQiCMwZSI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMWKbN2NL0Q

Laugh Factory Youtube page:
[url[/MEDIA]https://www.youtube.com/user/TheLaughFactory[/url]

Last edited:
Alltime favorite is Carlin. I was lucky enough to see him perform in Vegas before he died.

My other favorites: Robert Schimmel, Dave Attell, and Eddie Izzard

I like Jim Gaffigan, Zach Galifianakis, Demetri Martin, Daniel Tosh, Greg Giraldo. I absolutely despise Robin Williams' stand up. I think its extremely annoying and not one bit funny.

So that's what happened to Mitch Hedberg I did not know that, thanks for the creation of this thread, I had no idea he would be so well known. Besides him and the other classic greats that have already been mentioned I would say Lewis Black and Mitch are 2 of my favorite and if I watch them long enough I find myself talking like them for a few days.

Oh and on actor/entertainer that is no longer thought of as a comedian that I liked way back in the 80's is Howie Mandel. When I first saw him it was on a showtime/hbo way before he had the cartoon Bobbie but used the voice in his stand-up, had long curly hair and wasn't a germaphobe also if I remember correctly one of his Showtime or HBO specials had a very young Jeff Dunham when he only had 3 puppets of Peanut, Walter and Jalapeno-On a Stick when he was actually funny.

I absolutely despise Robin Williams' stand up. I think its extremely annoying and not one bit funny.

I despise Robin Williams in general. The guy might be funny, but the annyoing delivery kills any humor for me. I also hate that he always has to be Robin Williams. Go ahead and give an interview as a normal person. Go ahead and be on Bill Maher's (another funny guy) show and discuss things without going into the act.

Back