What's new

Who Next to Complete the 2001 TaterMoog Fantasy Team?

tatermoog

Contributor
So, looks like the Jazz have successfully locked up Earl Watson by offering him...well...any money at all. See:

https://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/09/20/earl-watson-to-sign-with-utah/

Now that they've added Watson and Francisco Elson, who should be the next player that the Jazz should pick up that was the subject of every single trade/signing rumor of the mid-2000s for the team? Morris Peterson? Corey Maggette? Antonio Daniels?

Or...

*gasp*

Do you think we can talk Shareef Abdur-Rahim out of retirement?

I'm going to have to go with Milt Palacio. I know he played here already, but he was such a hard worker.

You have to understand that Francisco Elson basically fits that desire. I mean, it seems obvious to me that the Jazz wanted a Jarron Collins type player on the team without it actually being Jarron Collins.

Elson doesn't flop nearly enough to fill that role. And besides, I think Elson can dunk.

Are you forgetting who Jarron Collins is?

My sources within the Jazz organisation tell me that the Jazz FO was looking for a Jarron Collins-type player to round out the roster when they signed Francisco, but that they only signed him after working out Jarron Collins. Apparently, he wasn't enough of a Jarron Collins-type player.