What's new

Who should be starting for the Jazz right now.

Who are your starter when Mo comes back?

• Total voters

gregbroncs

Colton's thread gave me the idea for this thread. While we can't start our 5 best players please pick the 5 guys you think should be starting when Mo comes back assuming he's healthy.

Jefferson
Favors
Millsap
Carrolle
Marvin
Hayward
Burks
Foye
Tinsley
Mo

Favors
Jefferson
Carroll
Hayward
Burks

That's by far the best lineup. While I dislike Fatterson, Favors will make up for his lack of defence and energy.

Tinsley (Burks is backup PG and the Burks/Foye/Hayward combo gets 25-36 mins)
Hayward
Marvin/Carrole would prefer Carrole but Hayward-Marvin-Favors is elite height and defense.
Milsap
Favors

Tinsley (Burks is backup PG and the Burks/Foye/Hayward combo gets 25-36 mins)
Hayward
Marvin/Carrole would prefer Carrole but Hayward-Marvin-Favors is elite height and defense.
Milsap
Favors
With Mo back you still want to start Tinsley? Title is a little misleading. I can't change it. I meant when healthy.

the better question is what 5 players should be getting the most min or closing out games. I don't really care who starts it's all about the minutes.

the better question is what 5 players should be getting the most min or closing out games. I don't really care (much) who starts it's all about the minutes.

With one minor edit, I agree. I think Jefferson should start, but his minutes should be in the 25-30 range. Millsap's minutes should likewise be less than 30 per game.

Right now:

PG - Burks
SG - Foye
SF - Gordo
PF - Millsap
C - Jefferson

With Mo back:

PG - Mo
SG - Burks
SF - Hayward
PF - Sap
C - Jefferson

I find it so strange all the hate for Jefferson but at the same time people say he is one of our best five and should be starting.

Here's how I see it. Jefferson can score and it had its uses, but he doesn't play any defense. There are two sides to the court. If you can't at least play a little of both then you are limited. I would use Jefferson, but I would not start him. He would be used off the bench and in certain situations. He would be held accountable for his lack of effort. Sure, Jefferson can score at a high rate, but it isn't a must all the shots come from him. If you have other good scorers on the team then you can make up the scoring from them
Which we do. We can get scoring from other players.

My starting five.

Burks
Hayward
Millsap
Kanter
Favors

That starting five could score plenty and you would at least get a better defensive effort. Is it a traditional line up? No, Millsap isn't really a three and Burks really isn't a pg. But we have seen them enough in those positions to know they can play them good enough. The ball movement on that squad would be a lot better than our current five too. If matchups dictate we need to change a little such as put Millsap in the starting pf posistion and Carroll at the three, then do it. But I would try to force the mismatch our way. Make teams try to matchup to us.

Coming off the bench

Al
Evans
Carroll
Foye
Mo

Let Al go crazy against backup squads.

Marvin, Tinsley and Watson should be gettting zero- little minutes. None of them are even worth playing. We have a ten man rotation right there. Thats probably too many as it is.

Mo............Tinsley
Burks.........Foye
Hayward....Carroll
Favors.......Millsap
Kanter.......Jefferson

We will probably win less this way, but young players will develop into much better players.

Why do you guys have Al in your starting five? Please, inform me.

Al has the worst +/- of any big on the team.

When Al plays with Favors or Kanter, the team is a -3.5.

When Paul plays with Favors or Kanter, the team is a +13 pts.

If you say your starting bigs should by anything but Paul and Favors or Kanter, you coach like Ty Corbin, and have no right to complain about him.

This is an easy answer to any intelligent person. Burks isn't our best pg. Mo is.

PG - Mo

Hayward is BY FAR our best SG.

SG - Hayward.

Carroll is a better SF than Williams.

SF - Carroll.

Paul is our best big RIGHT NOW.

PF - Paul.

When Paul plays with Kanter or Favors, the team has a +13.

C - Favors (for defense) or Kanter (for offense). Favors and Jefferson are terrible together, plus Favors is an elite defender. I give him the nod...for now.

There is no other intelligent starting lineup. None.

Mo
Hayward
Carroll
Millsap
Favors