What's new

Who Should the Jazz Bring In?

I like Gordon, I dont think he is an upgrade over Bojan this year. Bojan will bounce back to form, his shooting is already coming back up. Gordon is a better defender though and is much more athletic which would be nice. But he is not a good shooter. He has decent streaks from 3 but really isnt good and is a terrible free throw shooter, so he cant finish in important or close games. This trade has potential but I probably wouldnt risk it this year. We are the #1 seed still and I expect us to finish there or close. Maybe next off season if we dont win it all, but thats a big if! A new player will probably struggle to fit in. I have more expectations that Bojan will get back to form then a new guy will fit in and play better. But I dont know the locker room situation. Maybe a trade of a player would boost things, but no idea which player we would be okay with losing.

Ricky Rubio :cool: only if he's bought out
I know Jazz need help up front but if Rubio is available he could help vs high scoring 1s and 2s. On a good day can also be good with 3s.
He already knows the system and he's not going to close games with the current roster.

Last edited:
We need to bring in this guy:

gettyimages-1144218915.jpg

Ricky Rubio :cool: only if he's bought out
I know Jazz need help up front but if Rubio is available he could help vs high scoring 1s and 2s. On a good day can also be good with 3s.
He already knows the system and he's not going to close games with the current roster.
What could he help high scoring 1s and 2s for the other team with? Help them score more?

Alright, so if we’re the team with the best record in the league more than halfway through the season, but we’re not confident we’re a legit contender, then the question is, what do we have to lose with sacrificing future assets? If you’re at the basket, would you rather ensure you make the shot, or save some energy so that maybe you hit a half-court shot later on? If we’re this close, to hell with the future and go ahead and mortgage it.

It would be dependent on when the Memphis pick conveys, and these would have to be pushed out much farther into the future, but trade Favors and two first rounders for Larry Nance, Jr. Could include a Hughes or Udoka.

We may have to offload Favors in the future anyway by coupling assets. This just allows us to preemptively make that move now as part of parlaying it into a win-now move.

Do it. 4th year in a row is a charm with Cleveland.

I'm sure DL now must be wishing to have all those 2nd rounders back. We are desperately in need of some trade "sweeteners" that we can throw in for a Favors or Bogey trade.

Just curious, why isn’t Hughes getting any burn? Does he suck? Seems to me like he should be getting some minutes. Especially in these games where Royce and Bogie clearly don’t have it.

Just curious, why isn’t Hughes getting any burn? Does he suck? Seems to me like he should be getting some minutes. Especially in these games where Royce and Bogie clearly don’t have it.
He was out for a really long time with a sprained ankle and just wrapped up the Stars season. Next up is Oni to get time, and Quin doesn’t find time for him, even when guys like Conley are out, so he’ll only get garbage time.

He wasn't great for the Stars. He definitely has not earned any PT and I'd much rather give Oni some burn personally.

Hughes has some intriguing skills but he won't get on the court this year unless we get super desperate because of injury.

He was out for a really long time with a sprained ankle and just wrapped up the Stars season. Next up is Oni to get time, and Quin doesn’t find time for him, even when guys like Conley are out, so he’ll only get garbage time.
Okay so why isn’t Oni getting any time? It seems to me like Royce and Bogie aren’t doing anything that Oni and Hughes can’t. Right?

He wasn't great for the Stars. He definitely has not earned any PT and I'd much rather give Oni some burn personally.

Hughes has some intriguing skills but he won't get on the court this year unless we get super desperate because of injury.
What have Bogie and Royce done lately that’s warranted PT? If we’re going to base PT on merit, why shouldn’t Oni and Hughes get a chance? I’m trying to understand our rigid rotations because I think it’s been pretty clear for a while that neither Royce or Bogie deserve to be in the starting lineup and receiving big mins.

I think it’s worth considering if Bogie’s production could be replaced at a fraction of the cost, like playing Hughes.

What have Bogie and Royce done lately that’s warranted PT? If we’re going to base PT on merit, why shouldn’t Oni and Hughes get a chance? I’m trying to understand our rigid rotations because I think it’s been pretty clear for a while that neither Royce or Bogie deserve to be in the starting lineup and receiving big mins.

I think it’s worth considering if Bogie’s production could be replaced at a fraction of the cost, like playing Hughes.
Really??? Both are proven NBA players. While Royce never puts up big numbers replacing him with Hughes and his defense would be a ****ing disaster. Bojan isn't a great defender but even he would be a better defender at this point.

Replacing their production at a fraction of the cost does nothing unless you can trade one of them... benching them for a mediocre G League guy would uhhhh not necessarily boost their current trade value.

Really??? Both are proven NBA players. While Royce never puts up big numbers replacing him with Hughes and his defense would be a ****ing disaster. Bojan isn't a great defender but even he would be a better defender at this point.

Replacing their production at a fraction of the cost does nothing unless you can trade one of them... benching them for a mediocre G League guy would uhhhh not necessarily boost their current trade value.
What evidence do we have that Elijah would be a worse defender than Bogie? Because from what I’ve seen, Bogie might be the worst defender on the entire team. It’s between he and Niang. I haven’t seen Hughes on defense. But if we’re using Bogie’s offense to justify his defense, then couldn’t one argue for Hughes ability to create off the dribble to justify his defensive liabilities in the same way you’re justifying Bogie’s
Shooting? What about the points Bogie gives the other team by constantly getting stripped which leads to easy fast break opportunities?

What production is Royce providing us again? 7ish pts per game? His defense is far from lockdown. If we’re going to use Royce’s defense to justify his playing time, couldn’t one argue for Oni in the same manner? What about all the second shot opportunities Oni creates with his hustle and rebounding? Does Oni have a higher ceiling? Better handles? There’s got to be a better measure of Royce’s worth than just the mythical defense and non-box score stuff that we routinely use to justify the status quo. I mean, in that case, he’ll never actually have to produce anything in the box score and can remain in the starting lineup permanently.

What about the pts we leave in the table because teams know Royce isn’t an offensive threat? Or the points we give up because Bogie is always the worst defender on the floor unless Kanter is there?

I’m not claiming that Hughes or Oni should be given a free lunch. But I think it’s absurd to maintain the status quo without giving Oni or Hughes a chance. Neither Bogie or Royce are doing things that can’t be replaced. Just because they’ve been starters in the past doesn’t mean they should for the present or future. Especially Bogie, who has been displaced offensively by Conley, Clarkson, and seemingly Jingles. I just don’t understand why neither Hughes or Oni are getting playing time and why we aren’t at least entertaining the thought of giving these young players time? Jazz fans seem very conservative generally and afraid to rock the boat with their lineups. I don’t understand why?

Last edited: