What's new

Who was better: Prime Darrell Griffith or Prime Jordan Clarkson?

Who was better, prime Darrell Griffith or prime Jordan Clarkson?

• Darrell Griffith

Votes: 19 90.5%
  • Jordan Clarkson

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

David Hume

One was our only Rookie of the Year, the other our only 6th Man of the Year. Who was better in their prime: Darrell Griffith or Jordan Clarkson? It's pretty slow NBA wise this month, hence, your comments are welcome.

Idk but I went with griffith

I voted Griffith He was a Louisville player My favorite college growing up
He reminded me of Steph Curry

I ran them head to head in BR and it’s almost a dead heat and per 36 they had identical scoring averages. Grif was slightly better in the steals and blocks department which makes me think he may have been the better defender. Truthfully, I’d take Hornacek over either of them and he wasn’t a physical specimen, walk-on in college but damn was he ever solid and clutch.

I ran them head to head in BR and it’s almost a dead heat and per 36 they had identical scoring averages. Grif was slightly better in the steals and blocks department which makes me think he may have been the better defender. Truthfully, I’d take Hornacek over either of them and he wasn’t a physical specimen, walk-on in college but damn was he ever solid and clutch.
Release, really neat contribution to the discussion. Thanks!

I agonized over this. It’s super close but I went Grif
I voted for Darrell Griffith too. In 1983-84 Griffith led the league in 3-point percentage (36.1) and most 3-pointers made (91). In 1984-85 he broke the single season record (which he held at the time) for 3 pointers made (92). So at one point, compared to his contemporaries, Griffith did demonstrate an elite skill. I also agree with Release the Kraken that he was a better defender than Clarkson.

I voted for Darrell Griffith too. In 1983-84 Griffith led the league in 3-point percentage (36.1) and most 3-pointers made (91). In 1984-85 he broke the single season record (which he held at the time) for 3 pointers made (92). So at one point, compared to his contemporaries, Griffith did demonstrate an elite skill. I also agree with Release the Kraken that he was a better defender than Clarkson.
Jc will probably have the better overall career as Grif was slowed by a foot injury his prime was super short.