What's new

Who will be the starting point guard on opening night?

Who's going to be the starting point guard this season?

• Sexton

• Clarkson

• George

• Dunn

• THT

• Someone we haven't traded for yet

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jingled

2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Who the starting point guard will be seems to be the biggest question mark heading into the season. Which of the guards on the roster will get the start at point guard on opening night? Or will we make a trade for a starting pg before the season starts?

i think we temporarily start with sexton or tht until keyonte gets comfortable. Dunn is solid with the 2nd unit. Clarkson could play some facilitator role but not exactly pg

Dunn hasn't earned anything imo. He played well during the easiest part of the season to look good. Plus THT was better and showed more potenial

It's a training camp competition

Dunn hasn't earned anything imo. He played well during the easiest part of the season to look good. Plus THT was better and showed more potenial

Showed potential? He was captain tank , more shots then points , terrible +/- , out of control , turnover machine .

He did hit some weird shots , but I don’t want him near that starting group nor do I want him shooting , that’s where Dunn has the upper hand , he can actually run the point , play better D and make others around him better .

Showed potential? He was captain tank , more shots then points , terrible +/- , out of control , turnover machine .

He did hit some weird shots , but I don’t want him near that starting group nor do I want him shooting , that’s where Dunn has the upper hand , he can actually run the point , play better D and make others around him better .
Averaged 18-6-5 post ASB on 15 shots per game. Stop just saying **** to say ****. You're welcome to your opinion, but when you lie about quantitative things, you are being a clown.

Last edited:
I really have no idea. It troubles me that it isn't more obvious.
If we just go off last seasons performance (we wont and shouldn't. It should be discovered in camp/practices) then its obvious. Dunn played the best and it really wasn't close.

Dunn is the best bet to get Collins, Lauri and Kessler more involved. He is also best defensive guard and we need that if JC starts at 2.

I love Sexton as well but he isnt a great fit with Clarkson.

If Clarkson starts, it should be Dunn. If Clarkson comes off the bench which is my hope, it should be Sexton

I'm hoping it's Dunn as he plays good defense and is efficient on offense.

Hope for Sexton. He deserve to have a chance to be our starter.
I agree with all of these. I think I would go with Dunn but I love Sexton and would have a hard time not going with him as well. Either one of them would be my pick with a slight lean to Dunn.

This is funny. When Dunn and THT plays well during the same stretch it doesn’t count for Dunn but it does for THT?

Love it.

This is funny. When Dunn and THT plays well during the same stretch it doesn’t count for Dunn but it does for THT?

Love it.
Brother where did I say THT should start because of how he played during that heavy tank stretch? I said it didnt matter, but THT played better (so if that's anyone's argument for wanting Dunn to start, then they should want THT more).

Clearly I said it's a training camp competition.

Averaged 18-6-5 post ASB on 15 shots per game. Stop just saying **** to say ****. You're welcome to your opinion, but when you lie about quantitative things, you are being a clown.

Are we acting like 18 points on 15 shots is efficient? He also averaged 4 turnovers to 5 assists which is not a great split. Convenient you left that out Dunn was the superior player post all star break

Last edited:
Are we acting like 18 points on 15 shots is efficient? He also averaged 4 turnovers to 5 assists which is not a great split.
18 on 15 is decent efficiency and it's not taking more shots than points scored.

And post ASB he averaged 6 APG to 3.7 turnovers, not 5 to 4.